Page 1 of 2
So, in a few years time when the young folk of today are running the country, how do you think things will turn out? There is bad stuff and good stuff about the current generation, but all in all i think we'll do better than those before us.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
So, in a few years time when the young folk of today are running the country, how do you think things will turn out? There is bad stuff and good stuff about the current generation, but all in all i think we'll do better than those before us.

what makes you think we'll do a better job?
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
but all in all i think we'll do better than those before us.

I heartily disagree.

Edit: After thinking about it, I'm indifferent.
Last edited by geanes at Aug 9, 2010,
Maybe
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Well we're gonna be strapped with the weight of the Boomers on our backs and to busy paying their old people's medicine to be able to do anything else.

But I think we get a worse rap than we deserve. We'll probably be the best generation in a while.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
We'll do equally as well, but will fantasise that we're better. Our politicians will be just as corrupt as those before them, our economy will be as harsh, our world will be as polluted and people will be just as evil. However, when the next generation take up the mantle, we'll fantasise that our politicians were honest, our economy was fair and our rivers ran like glacial spring water through chalk beds whilst the people danced and sang and all was perfect.We will follow those who came before us, both in our levels of success and failure, but we will believe that for one brief moment, our generation was perfect.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by darkcheef
lol nah

+1

OT: lol nah.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
well, considering everything the last two generations did, I'd say if we don't do a better job, we'll destroy the planet.

EDIT: Seriously, World Wars 1 and 2, the cold war, Vietnam, Gulf War, basically causing the whole mess in the Middle East?

How in the world can we NOT do better than that?
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 9, 2010,
Quote by Jiggzy.UK

As in every generation before us
Better at some things, worse at some other things. Overall just slightly better.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
We are still people, easily corrupted by power and money, so I don't think so.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Yeah sonny, but its not like you'll just expect "The generation" to improve it. We'll all have to pitch in. Become that honest politician, or inventor we always wish for. Dont expect anyone else to do it.
They will be spending half their generation fixing the shit caused by ours.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Quote by ethan_hanus
Well. they have to do better than the hippi generation, otherwise, us the the US wont have a free country anymore.

Why?
Gay marriage, recreational drugs and voluntary euthanasia legalised.

HIV, AIDS, cancer, diabetes, influenza and asthma cured.

Proportionally representative, transparent, business-independent government established.

Nuclear weapons dismantled, fossil fuels superceded, the homeless accomodated, the starving fed and the jobless employed.

Quote by Jiggzy.UK
but all in all i think we'll do better than those before us.

Today's young generation (are walking Gen Y here?): lazy, fat, need computers/phones for everything, don't want responsibility, economic prosperity, can music/movies for free... not looking good!

As to whether we'll be better than the previous generation (Generation X) it's too early to tell. Compared to the Greatest Generation (those who grew up in the 1910s/1920s and went on to fight in WWII) - not a chance.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by blue_strat

Proportionally representative, transparent, business-independent government established.

Nuclear weapons dismantled, fossil fuels superceded, the homeless accomodated, the starving fed and the jobless employed.

All we need to do is get rid of the old farts that are in charge now, and we'll make a better world.

Seriously, the only ones still against legalisation of pot are idiots who grew up watching "reefer madness" and have never smoked in their life.

They're all bought by the drug cartells, anyway.
Quote by CoreysMonster
All we need to do is get rid of the old farts that are in charge now, and we'll make a better world.

Seriously, the only ones still against legalisation of pot are idiots who grew up watching "reefer madness" and have never smoked in their life.

They're all bought by the drug cartells, anyway.

Involuntary euthanasia first, then.
We will obviously do some good but im not sure we will be better then other generations, We will be better ONLY if we learn from the mistakes of the past and now the present..*cough* *cough* George W. Bush. *cough* *cough*
Haha but really we will only be good if we learn from the mistakes people before us made
I think you guys will do a good job, today's kids are more in touch with what matters than any generation in the past. I hope you take over soon...I'm an old guy.
Quote by blue_strat

If only...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I think TS forgot to take his reality pill this morning.

Why?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I think you will all be as qualified to muck it all up as everybody before you has.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Which generations do you consider "good" and which "bad"? Surely there were good and bad events during their lifetimes. You can't really blame everything that happens in the world on a particular age group. Or can you?
No.

Our generation is raised on laziness.
As soon as we take over, war will ensue instantaneously.

But that's just me...
Quote by HeatMaster22
No.

Our generation is raised on laziness.
As soon as we take over, war will ensue instantaneously.

But that's just me...

War requires effort. Laziness ftw!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Considering the fact I am part of this younger generation and from what I've seen...we're ****ed
Quote by seemeel
Today's young generation (are walking Gen Y here?): lazy, fat, need computers/phones for everything, don't want responsibility, economic prosperity, can music/movies for free... not looking good!

As to whether we'll be better than the previous generation (Generation X) it's too early to tell. Compared to the Greatest Generation (those who grew up in the 1910s/1920s and went on to fight in WWII) - not a chance.

Perhaps those of us generation y'ers that grew up fast and went to fight/still fighting in the war now will rise up and take charge down the road. I'm not saying that everyone that wasn't in the military is lazy and won't amount to anything but much of this generation will be in for a rude awaking in the coming years.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Quote by Luke200420
Perhaps those of us generation y'ers that grew up fast and went to fight/still fighting in the war now will rise up and take charge down the road. I'm not saying that everyone that wasn't in the military is lazy and won't amount to anything but much of this generation will be in for a rude awaking in the coming years.

Most people hit 30 and go "What the fuck is this shit????"
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 2