I recently bought a maudio FireWire 410 used,
I was planning to use this with my friends acer aspire 5516 laptop and I can't seem to figure what type of FireWire cable to use in hopes to connect the two properly... The guy gave me the unit and ac adapter for $200

Thankyou, it's much appreciated
Washburn / Boogiestreet guitars boogiebolt 2 w/ blackouts
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
squier bullet w/ebony board
ibanez weeping demon
There are only three types of firewire connector.. it can't be that hard to figure out Look for a picture of each type, see which ones are on the device and your laptop, and buy the one that joins the two?
Quote by LessThanLuke
it can't be that hard to figure out

He's from Canada eh?

Anyway, like he said, there are only three types, so draw a picture of the two connectors and go into a store and find a cable with ends that match your diagrams. Easy.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Ohhhh okay
The problem is like.. The stores I've been to only stock like one type ( no idea why ) but I guess I could just go to a few until it fits :P

Thanks
Washburn / Boogiestreet guitars boogiebolt 2 w/ blackouts
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
squier bullet w/ebony board
ibanez weeping demon
monoprice.com should ship to you IIRC and they have great prices.

The interface has a 6pin firewire connector and most laptops have the smaller 4 pin version. I would get a cable with both ends, don't go for those adapters as they easily break.