Page 1 of 2
So, I've just been on holiday with my parents and little brother while my older brother stayed at home and I have returned to find that my playstation 3 is gone. My older brother was at home for the first week and for the second he went to stay at a friends house and according to him and my cousin the ps3 was still here when they left to go to their friends house so it has been stolen by one of his other 'friends' who he gave the house keys to.

The problem is that my brother is in debt and is unemployed. He said that he has sold his playstation to pay some of the debt but that the other one has been stolen, however, he has sold things before and lied about it to get money. Also, on the table was his passport which he uses to sell things to cash converters as I.D. as well as the little booklets and wrapping that came in the ps3 box and the ps3 box is missing. There are also flaws in his story, he says that his laptop was in his room but when we got home it was in the living room so he thinks that proves that someone has been in the house and moved things but my cousin said that it was in the living room when they left. If somebody had been in and taken the ps3 surely they would have stolen the 3 laptops, 3 guitars, my phone and anything else of value but nothing else is gone.

Most of this seems to indicate that my brother has sold my playstation but if my cousin is telling the truth then it was here when he and my brother left the house so I really don't know what to believe. So, could the police help? Could they search the guys house and if they found a ps3 let us check if it is ours? Or fingerprint my dad's ps3 which has supposedley been moved by the guy from the corner of the room to underneath the tv when he took mine from under the tv? My parents think that there is nothing they can do and say they will just buy a new one but they have just paid a lot of money for a holiday and i don't want them to spend money on a new one for me. My mum is upset and scared too and that makes me really sad Because either some guy we thought was a friend has a key to our house and has stolen from us or my brother has once again lied to us and has also started to sell our possessions as well as his own so knowing if the police could help would make her feel a lot better.
It's just a ps3, I doubt the police will start getting search warrants and fingerprints for that.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by SadusAttack
As the NWA song goes...**** THE POLICE!

Comin' straight from tha undaground.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Pliers.

High backed chair.

Rope.

That'll get you an answer.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Don't worry, a SWAT unit is en route and will be there shortly to straighten things out.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Call them and ask. It's not like they're gonna arrest you for asking them a question.

But seriously, your parents need to kick your loser brother out of the house.
No. Ive dealt with the police before regarding stolen items (my bass). Even if you KNOW that the ps3 is in the house, they cant search it without a warrant. And it sounds like you dont have nearly enough info to get a warrant with. So in your situation, the police cant do jack. Check your brothers ebay account TS, then you shall know.

Even if the police COULD do something (which they cant) they really really REALLY dont care about your ps3. I know how you feel cause Ive been there before, and Im not trying to be a jerk; just honest

PS, I got my bass back in case anyone was wondering
Last edited by tubatom868686 at Aug 9, 2010,
Quote by itchy guitar
Comin' straight from tha undaground.

Oi..not THAT song, the Sodom song.
tl;dr

If you need help eating donuts then YES the police can help.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by SadusAttack

No, its the other way around
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
your brother is a drug addict.
tell your parents to get an all in one piss test and if it comes up + for anything but THC. call the cops.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
DUde...you guys got 3 ps3-s?
What's wrong with you people?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by tubatom868686
No. Ive dealt with the police before regarding stolen items (my bass). Even if you KNOW that the ps3 is in the house, they cant search it without a warrant. And it sounds like you dont have nearly enough info to get a warrant with. So in your situation, the police cant do jack.

Are you kidding? They don't need a warrant if they get consent to a search, which his parent's would (I imagine) happily give.

Also, how many PS3's does your family own? Jesus...
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Sounds like drugs may be the motivator ( I know I could be TOTALLY wrong by the way) If so, ask the people who may know if he's had more "fun" than usual?
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by wyldething

more then enough so they dont have to deal with their whining spoiled kids, and thief of an oldest son.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
You could always try attacking the root of the problem, not the symptom.

Get involved with your brother and find out what the F is wrong and help him fix it. Help him look for work.

...and when he finally gets paid, BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM AND TAKE YOUR $299 BACK!!! Its the humane thing to do
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
The police have never once helped me. They mean well, but they're only human. Quite vicious humans, for the most part, but limited by their humanity.
Quote by wyldething
Are you kidding? They don't need a warrant if they get consent to a search, which his parent's would (I imagine) happily give.

They cant search other peoples houses though. I assumed TS thinks that the ps3 is NOT in his house. If it was, wtf is he doing in the pit? He should be tearing apart his brothers room
Quote by tubatom868686
They cant search other peoples houses though. I assumed TS thinks that the ps3 is NOT in his house. If it was, wtf is he doing in the pit? He should be tearing apart his brothers room

Yes they can. Depends on who y'are though.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
well TS thing is

Your brother....

He's a douche.....

lol +1000
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
Quote by UraniYum
Yes they can. Depends on who y'are though.

No, they really cant search a house without a warrant. Believe me...I know
Quote by tubatom868686
No, they really cant search a house without a warrant. Believe me...I know

They can if they know you've evidence in your yard. They don't all play by the rules, have you never seen a movie, where the main character is a cop WHO DOESN'T PLAY BY THE RULES!

Unless you're H.S.Thompson, you've not much chance against police who know your business.
Quote by UraniYum
They can if they know you've evidence in your yard. They don't all play by the rules, have you never seen a movie, where the main character is a cop WHO DOESN'T PLAY BY THE RULES!

Unless you're H.S.Thompson, you've not much chance against police who know your business.

What evidence could you POSSIBLY have in your yard that would warrant searching your house for a ps3? Searching a house without probable cause/a warrant/consent is just as illegal as stealing the ps3 to begin with
Quote by SadusAttack

Which is exactly why I changed it on you. Because NWA is the correct answer.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by tubatom868686
What evidence could you POSSIBLY have in your yard that would warrant searching your house for a ps3? Searching a house without probable cause/a warrant/consent is just as illegal as stealing the ps3 to begin with

Mate, I'm a muslim.

Nah, seriously though, I weren't talking about the ps3. The police would never bother about a rich kids 3rd ps3. I don't care myself, tbh. But the theory that the police need pieces of paper is bunk.
Quote by UraniYum
Mate, I'm a muslim.

Nah, seriously though, I weren't talking about the ps3. The police would never bother about a rich kids 3rd ps3. I don't care myself, tbh. But the theory that the police need pieces of paper is bunk.

They need either a warrant, consent, or probably cause. Period
Quote by tubatom868686

Not if the people in said house have given consent for the police to search it.

They're like vampires. Once you invite them in they have all the jurisdiction they need.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Not if the people in said house have given consent for the police to search it.

They're like vampires. Once you invite them in they have all the jurisdiction they need.

Read my post again, see why yours is fail
Quote by tubatom868686
Read my post again, see why yours is fail

I posted mine before I saw your second post.

See why you are a dick.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Your brother lives in the house, right? Tell the cops he has drugs in his room and they will have probable cause to search the house.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
If you inform the police, they will notify all the pawn shops, who will keep an eye out for it. They are usually very good at catching thieves that way. So yes, tell the police, they can help.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by valennic
I posted mine before I saw your second post.

See why you are a dick.

Read the post you quoted. See why your 2/2 on the fail...
Quote by SadusAttack
As the Sodom song goes...**** THE POLICE!

SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Page 1 of 2