*Not a computer question..it's a software rant/question.

I got a laptop with windows 7 home premium edition, and I need windows 7 professional for school. I saw an ad for w7pro for $29.99 from microsoft's student store.

When I was about to order it, I read the fine print and saw that it's only good for people who have XP or Vista.

What'd happen if I got it? Where can I upgrade for cheap?

Ahhh.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
You can't upgrade to windows vista from windows vista. You need to do a hard install, which you have to do oo XP. So it should work for that.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Could a mod move this to the computer thread? I need to know how to get this, and I don't want it deleted. Thanks.

^So I could install my Vista from an old laptop on this laptop then upgrade this one?
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
The only deal I've seen was the "Any time upgrade"
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Why do you need W7 Pro? What specific feature is absolutely 100% necessary for school?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Could a mod move this to the computer thread? I need to know how to get this, and I don't want it deleted. Thanks.

^So I could install my Vista from an old laptop on this laptop then upgrade this one?

Any versions of Windows 7 that is a hard install would work. But yes, otherwise you'd have to downgrade, then upgrade again.

Hard installing completely wipes the machine btw.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass