Page 1 of 2
This thread makes me cry. Not because I like the music. Because...nvm, forget it. Ill get flamed if I explain why
Quote by tubatom868686
This thread makes me cry. Not because I like the music. Because...nvm, forget it. Ill get flamed if I explain why

I would like to know so I can flame you.
I mean, really just want to know.
ROTOPLASTER
Quote by Corn.
I would like to know so I can flame you.
I mean, really just want to know.

Im a classical musician. Basically, I get to hear/see/play with violinists so good you cant believe it. They would blow this stuff out of the water. Unfortunately, posting it would be a waste of time because 95% of people in the pit dont know enough about music to really appreciate good violin playing. But I cant tell them that otherwise Ill be labeled as an elitist.
Quote by tubatom868686
Im a classical musician. Basically, I get to hear/see/play with violinists so good you cant believe it. They would blow this stuff out of the water. Unfortunately, posting it would be a waste of time because 95% of people in the pit dont know enough about music to really appreciate good violin playing. But I cant tell them that otherwise Ill be labeled as an elitist.

Tease the ears of us other 5% please.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Emily Wells is one of my favorite musicians you've never heard of. This is a general "you," remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNWto4xiCcw
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Jackal58
Tease the ears of us other 5% please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMlam4sfquM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I17f73txBHE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IwNMyGieeI&feature=related

Places to start for good sectional violin playing. Will edit in soloists soon. Youtube has a very very scarce collection of classical music

EDIT: This recording of the first link is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft8to2JZ6pE

Like I said, good shit is hard to find on youtube
Last edited by tubatom868686 at Aug 9, 2010,
not on topic, but I'm still a fan of this girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wZ_1-i1AKM

Nobody plays Paganini's Caprices like they should be: technically consistent
"She's a robot, she plays with no emotion" bothers me
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
paganini is the only person coming to mind. i know some tremendous violinists personally. but i mean. yeah.
#DTWD
Quote by lordofthefood1
not on topic, but I'm still a fan of this girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wZ_1-i1AKM

Nobody plays Paganini's Caprices like they should be: technically consistent
"She's a robot, she plays with no emotion" bothers me

Caprices arent meant to be super emotional anyways. Theyre more or less designed to showcase technique. The only caprice Ive ever heard and been like "Wow, that was really moving" was Capricci Espagnol by rimsky-korsakov
Quote by tubatom868686
Caprices arent meant to be super emotional anyways. Theyre more or less designed to showcase technique. The only caprice Ive ever heard and been like "Wow, that was really moving" was Capricci Espagnol by rimsky-korsakov

Yeah I know, but a few years ago when I stumbled upon those videos, everybody was bashing her for appearing to be emotionless, which is kind of the point of a caprice.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
Yeah I know, but a few years ago when I stumbled upon those videos, everybody was bashing her for appearing to be emotionless, which is kind of the point of a caprice.

People who say stuff like that just dont get it. Its not worth your time to argue
Quote by tubatom868686
Like I said, good shit is hard to find on youtube

Good shit is hard to find anywhere.
for the links.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by tubatom868686

Before this post, there had been 2 videos posted.

Lol, cunt.
I personally prefer experimental violin. For example, I feel there is more emotion in the link I've posted than in most music I've ever heard. It sounds ****ed up because it was made by a ****ed up person. She's truely one of the best when it comes to playing what she feels.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Before this post, there had been 2 videos posted.

Lol, cunt.

y u h8
Quote by tubatom868686

Music is pleasing sound. If you have to have some prior experience with something for it to be good, it's not good.
Quote by The_Sophist
Music is pleasing sound. If you have to have some prior experience with something for it to be good, it's not good.

I kind of disagree. Some music takes some time to getting used to. I find some music grows on you, but you have to force it. I know that sounds so wrong, but in my experience, it's true.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by bingeandletgo
I kind of disagree. Some music takes some time to getting used to. I find some music grows on you, but you have to force it. I know that sounds so wrong, but in my experience, it's true.

That's fair. I think he was more referring to technique and things like that. I know a lot of musicians who think that because a technique is hard to utilize, it makes it better music, even if it doesn't sound any different.

If I misunderstood, I apologize.

But I still disagree
Quote by The_Sophist
That's fair. I think he was more referring to technique and things like that. I know a lot of musicians who think that because a technique is hard to utilize, it makes it better music, even if it doesn't sound any different.

But I still disagree

I was referring to the feel/mood and emotion in the song
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Quote by Msword7
I was referring to the feel/mood and emotion in the song

Not you. Tubatom.
Quote by The_Sophist

But I still disagree

I never ever ever said that.
Quote by tubatom868686
I never ever ever said that.

Hence the word think. You said 95% of the people on here don't know music well enough to appreciate your contribution. If only 5% of listeners will like it, maybe it's not that it's too advanced or whatever, maybe it just blows.
Quote by The_Sophist
Hence the word think. You said 95% of the people on here don't know music well enough to appreciate your contribution. If only 5% of listeners will like it, maybe it's not that it's too advanced or whatever, maybe it just blows.

Think what you want I guess. I feel sorry for you that theres 500 years worth of music that youll never get to enjoy just because you dont feel like putting in the time to be able to enjoy it
Quote by tubatom868686
Think what you want I guess. I feel sorry for you that theres 500 years worth of music that youll never get to enjoy just because you dont feel like putting in the time to be able to enjoy it

I enjoy some classical music. My theory is not past grade 5. You're a ****.
Quote by boreamor
I enjoy some classical music. My theory is not past grade 5. You're a ****.

See, ignorant shit like this is why I wish I never posted in this thread...
Quote by tubatom868686

You'll probably be labelled as an elitist as that paragraph is pretty much the definition of elitism...

"Your taste is bad, my taste is far better. But of course you wouldn't understand that because I know better."
Quote by MadClownDisease
You'll probably be labelled as an elitist as that paragraph is pretty much the definition of elitism...

"Your taste is bad, my taste is far better. But of course you wouldn't understand that because I know better."

No. Just...no.
Quote by tubatom868686
See, ignorant shit like this is why I wish I never posted in this thread...

How the hell am I being ignorant? Surely your "I know more about music theory than you, thus I appreciate it on a higher level" is hell of a lot more ignorant than my statement of "I like what I like".
Quote by boreamor
How the hell am I being ignorant? Surely your "I know more about music theory than you, thus I appreciate it on a higher level" is hell of a lot more ignorant than my statement of "I like what I like".

I never said a ****ing thing about music theory

People like you are why I wish I never posted in this thread
Quote by tubatom868686
I never said a ****ing thing about music theory

Classical musicians require theory. Or are you going to bullshit me and tell me they improvise everything

My favourite piece of classical music is Primavera by Ludovico Einaudi. Is that elitist enough for you?

Also to OP: This has violins in it.
Quote by boreamor
Classical musicians require theory. Or are you going to bullshit me and tell me they improvise everything

My favourite piece of classical music is Primavera by Ludovico Einaudi. Is that elitist enough for you?

Also to OP: This has violins in it.

7/10. Good troll bro. Had me goin
Page 1 of 2