I've been looking for some schematics to build a 100watt power attenuator for my Marshall stack, but I can't seem to find any. I looked in the Pedal Building Thread and still no dice.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
If you had a TSL100, you would have that feature inbuilt.

Erm, you will need to get into the guts of your amp to do this - how confident are you with that?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Well, I was really hoping to build an attenuator separate from the amp, so that I could change amps without having to build an attenuator into the next amp.

If necessary, I could build one into the amp, though.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by seemeel
If you had a TSL100, you would have that feature inbuilt.

Erm, you will need to get into the guts of your amp to do this - how confident are you with that?
No.

Quote by GoIrish668
Well, I was really hoping to build an attenuator separate from the amp, so that I could change amps without having to build an attenuator into the next amp.

If necessary, I could build one into the amp, though.
Of course. It's easier and lots of aftermarket attenuator are separate. It's very common.

Here's a schematic for a Marshall Power Brake, but i've not seen the guts of one.
http://www.schematicheaven.com/marshallamps/powerbrake.pdf

I'm sure there are lots of attenuator schematics on the net. You can probably find an easier build than this.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
An L-pad is a VERY affordable option, seldom discussed; probably because it's an inexpensive option to big-dollar attenuators. You can get a 100 watt L-pad for less than $20.00. I use a 50 watt, 16 ohm L-pad for my 7 watt (class A, single 12ax7 to EL84 amp) and it doesn't even get warm. Sounds **really** good too!! A 200 watt attenuator sells for about $55.00. I try to have an L-pad with at least 2x the rated power of the amp, or make sure that I keep my master volume/volume away from much past 2 o'clock.
Don't bump 4 yr old threads
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate