Not sure if this helps but (according to Wikipedia) the definition of triplets is: "Whereas normally two quarter notes are the same duration as a half note, three triplet quarter notes total that same duration, so the duration of a triplet quarter note is 2/3 the duration of a standard quarter note. Similarly, three triplet eighth notes are equal in duration to one quarter note. If several note values appear under the triplet bracket, they are all affected the same way, reduced to their original 2/3 duration. The triplet indication may also apply to notes of different values, for example a quarter note followed by one eighth note, in which case the quarter note may be regarded as two triplet eighths tied together."

Hope this helps.
There's four notes in there. I'll use the frets I figured as an example, B string 9-11-14-11-9-11-14-11. I'm in drop B though so it's gonna be different if you use a standard tuning like this guy. It's a three note tap but instead of looping over, it hits that 11 again instead of jumping right back to the 9.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
It's just a standard Semi-quaver lick,

E|------12----------
B|-----------15p12
G|14b--------------

Kirk Hammet from metallica uses it a lot.
"What if ET phoned home and no one picked up?"
i cant really tell exactly, heres a similar lick

h = hammer on
p = pull off
v = downpick
^ = up pick

--v-------v--^--------------v------v----^
------------------------------------------------------
-11p8------8h11p8------11p8-------8h11p8--
---------10-------------------------10--------------
Last edited by rickyj at Aug 9, 2010,
Quote by soli_junT
It's just a standard Semi-quaver lick,

E|------12----------
B|-----------15p12
G|14b--------------

Kirk Hammet from metallica uses it a lot.

Hey thanks that sounds right.

Can you give me some finger positions?
Last edited by MotaroHax at Aug 9, 2010,
i think it is this repeated several times (great bluesy pattern to have in the arsenal btw)

E|-------------------
B|-------8h11p8---
G|10b--------------

i'd play it with the ring finger bending the note on the G string and index and pinky doing the hammering and pulloffs on the B string.
Last edited by TheHammer84 at Aug 9, 2010,