Picked up a almost flawless used Highway One Strat today. Really like it so far, but I'm considering swapping out the bridge pickup. I suspect a majority of the strat's use will be in the bridge position so I'd like to lose the hum.

Style of music is strictly modern rock - alternative like AIC, STP and Foo Fighters to pop/punk like Green Day. Looking to stick with the same pick guard so a humbucker in a single-coil form factor is what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?
Greg
Guitarist, Twisted Nut - CT Modern Rock Cover Band
i'm a huge fan of Dimarzio Super Distortions, so thats my choice! i've also really liked what i've heard out of their Virtual Solo. from what i've heard it's great with hum canceling, but it'll keep the true single coil looks. anyway both those pickups have sound clips on Dimarzio's website, check them out.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
but it'll keep the true single coil looks.

Yeah, that's another goal. Also, the strat's pickups/guard, are sort of a slight off-white. Are these replacement PUPs all bright white? Just trying to get as close a match as possible. Pic of guitar:

Thanks!
Greg
not all will be bright white. if you're buying off of musician's friend or another online retailer you can usually choose from a bunch of colors. for the Virtual Solo they have "off white" which i'm guessing would be what you would want. there's also a chance (depending on whether you get rails or pole pieces) that you can just use the covers that you have on there now. they might fit. it's not guaranteed, but worth trying if the one you end up getting isn't what you're looking for.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
Would a noise gate like a Boss NS-2 achieve a similar result? Again, I'm actually fine with the sound of the bridge PUP, just would like to reduce the hum. I'm on a Valveking 100 half stack which can be a little noisy at times as it is so maybe the NS-2 is the best overall solution?
Greg
Found a local shop that had the Virtual Solo in stock and matched the best online price I could find! Luckily the standard white version is a very close match (only slightly brighter). I did my first pickup installation tonight and the process went smooth. I didn't consider myself too good with a soldering iron before this, but I watched lots of online tutorials first, drank a bunch of beers, took my time and things went great. The guitar sounds nice and most importantly NO HUM from the bridge. Whoot!
Greg
niiice! i'm jealous. i've had a virtual solo sitting in my room with no guitar to mount it on. when my project guitar has a neck and bridge i'll be so excited to test it out

if you get around to posting some clips or something let me know! i'd love to hear it when it's not in the middle of a big mix (like the sound clips on dimarzio's website)