BBE Green Screamer vs Maxon OD808

i keep hearing alot of good things about the BBE

how well does it work as a straight boost into a
high gain amp for tightening the overall sound?

we all know the OD808 is a proven success and is very popular.
i have played both and own a BBE Green Screamer. i have never A/B'd them so i am only basing this off what i remember. the green screamer i remember seemed a little bit warmer, but not much. they are both 808 circuits, which i believe they are either the same or very similar chip. the green screamer works great, but i swear it colors my tone the slightest bit when on bypass.

i use it to boost the valveking and it works great. i like the green screamer a lot more than the ts9 i was using previously.

i think you should give the digitech bad monkey a look. it works great for boosting without cutting bass as many ts type pedals do because it has a bass knob. i bought mine for $30 and it was a floor model.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
OD808 is very similar to a TS10, which is similar to a TS7. A couple simple mods and you save lots of money. Never played the GS, but you may as well get an OD9 and mod it to 808 specs.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
The BBE is a modded 808 clone. It's nice as a stand alone OD but it doesn't cut enough bass to tighten things up. A standard TS7 would work better and be plenty reliable for $40.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I own the Green Screamer - it works very nicely for tightening up your amps distortion - and it's a pretty low gain OD as well. Although it could do with just a touch more bass response.
Quote by ibz_bucket
Never played the GS, but you may as well get an OD9 and mod it to 808 specs.

The OD-9 is more expensive than the OD-808...

I went to GC a few years ago and tried out a shit ton of ODs, I walked away with the OD-808. The Green Screamer was good, however, the OD-808 was just in a whole different class IMO. Someone offered to trade me a Fulltone OCD for it a few months back and I almost took it, but after playing an OCD again, I really like how that pedal sounds, but it just can't do what the OD-808 does. Would be nice to own both though!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The Green Screamer if you're on a tight budget, but nothing can touch the classic tubescreamer sound like an OD808. I used to own one from the 80's, probably should have kept it.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I tried pretty much EVERY OD pedal GC has back to back. Fulltone, Maxxon, Boss, Ibanez, Digitech (hardwire) and a couple more I can't remember.
Of ALL of them, regardless of price, I liked the Green Screamer best. The hardwire was nice, but was the noisiest OD pedal I have ever tried! The BBE was one of the quietest and sounded a LOT better than some of the very expensive pedals.
It DOES tighten your sound up well. Dollar for dollar, I think it's the best OD pedal out there.
That said, I eventually decided I just needed a clean boost on my crunch channel, and went with a 7 band EQ in front of the amp...more tone shaping, less noise.
I MIGHT still go back to the BBE...the footswitch on a Dano Fish and Chips is a joke LOL!
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune