I generally play hard rock and traditional metal. I play Van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and other bands along those lines. I want a guitar that's also versatile that I can use to play some other stuff (I do some soft rock every once in a while). I currently use a Squier Telecaster and an Ibane RG4EXQM1. I'm looking for a guitar that is under $600 dollars because I'm a student on a budget. Please help, thanks!
Look around for a used Gibson Les Paul Studio. Or, save up for a new LP Studio at $800. They will cover just about any genre of music you want them to. Also, what kind of amp are you using? After all, an amp is about 80% of your tone.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
a Fender HSS strat sounds fine indeed.

On a random note, cmon man why you gotta be like all the other uncreative asians and have a name like that. you basically just looked in the mirror and your username is what you saw in the mirror.

Be creative

note: i am asian so no specific racism here
what amp do u have? If u have a cheap shit beginner amp, change that first. Ur RG should be fine for the stuff u play. Most of the tone comes from the amp.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt