I have always listened to music but since I was about 15 i started to listen to, research and follow rock like a religion. I have experienced

Classic Rock
Hard Rock
Alt-Rock
Metal
70's Punk
80's Punk
90's Punk
Grunge
Jam Rock
Psychedelic Rock
Pop Rock
Post Punk Revival
Ska
Folk Rock
Prog Rock
Reggae
and even a little blues
and I find that they all have awesome elements that can be taken out and appreciated no matter which ones you love and which ones you hate. I came to the following conclusion that there is too much arguing about what is good and what blows and that we should all agree to one thing:

THAT JAZZ SHOULD BE BANNED

i know where rock evolved from...but hey, would an evolutionist call a chimp smarter than a human
im just sayin the stuff is complex...and so bad

Thank you for listening
Last edited by Eternal Flame at Aug 10, 2010,
Jazz is exponentially more complex than rock music. It should not be banned. If anything, more appreciated.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
...you do realize that jazz has some of the best solos ever performed, right?
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
does I smell a trawl?
Quote by SoftOath
u mean grammar nazi...wait

grammar jesus = grammar nazi...then ....jesus = nazi!!!

omg

Quote by Zugunruhe
*squishes allan143 with a rolled up newspaper*

ok, now everyone can agree that mosquitoes are douchebags.

8/7/09 Night of the Pear II (i was there)
if you mean banned from being criminally underappreciated, i agree!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by dont_cry789
Jazz is the roots of rock music. So what do you have to say to that huh?

i know where rock evolved from...but hey, would an evolutionist call a chimp smarter than a human

Your personal opinion should not, and does not, have any effect on the pleasures of other.

Layman : Your a ****ing retard.
Eternal_Flame, you are going to be eternally flamed.
last.fm
Quote by Rojam
...you do realize that jazz has some of the best solos ever performed, right?

That's a nice opinion you've got there.
Quote by Eternal Flame

Listen to some Miles Davis or John Coltrane, or perhaps some jazz fusion, then come back and tell me that its still bad.

Also.. would a human be able to beat a chimp in a tree climbing competition, i doubt it. We are different and have our own different strengths. You can't look at everything in the same light.
Quote by dont_cry789
Listen to some Miles Davis or John Coltrane, or perhaps some jazz fusion, then come back and tell me that its still bad.

Also.. would a human be able to beat a chimp in a tree climbing competition, i doubt it. We are different and have our own different strengths. You can't look at everything in the same light.

Why would a human need to climb a tree when we having ****ing helicopters?
This is a great argument. Which music genre is superior, so original.
last.fm
Jazz is complex, but whether something is bad or not is an opinion. There are probably people who think that rock should be banned, but that doesn't make it true. Personally, I'd be upset if either was gone.
Quote by whatadrag
Why would a human need to climb a tree when we having ****ing helicopters?

What if you threw your car keys into the air and while flying through the air they got caught on a branch in the middle of a tree (hey we've all been there ). Try flying your helicopter into the middle of a tree to retrieve your keys without crashing it. I bet some climbing skills would come in pretty handy in that situation.
i like Jazz because it's complicated, the more complicated it gets the more it interests me. simple, slow and smooth jazz tends to bore me.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
what about the big influence that jazz have had in metal and rock?? it's is a diferent kind of music with a different kind of expression is still music is still art
What? You may have followed and researched and dedicated your life to following rock, but why should we ban jazz? Explain?
Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
Being the child lover I am I told him to beat it or I'll beat his ass.
Quote by whatadrag
That's a nice opinion you've got there.

I can back it up, but just out of curiosity, what do you think has the best solos?
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Quote by Eternal Flame

Also, you're entitled to your opinion. Unless, of course, your opinion involves bashing jazz.

oh wait.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by The_Sophist
Your personal opinion should not, and does not, have any effect on the pleasures of other.

Layman : Your a ****ing retard.

^This. Different people enjoy different music. If you don't like it, don't listen. Its that simple.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Eternal Flame is an idiot.
Quote by FireReaction
go to a jazz club,
you will immediately change your mind.

This.
Balls.
Last edited by rmr024 at Aug 10, 2010,
We didn't evolve from chimps, we and chimps evolved from the same thing, we're both equally evolved.

And Jazz is still fairly popular, I don't know why you thought everyone could agree on that.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Rojam
I can back it up, but just out of curiosity, what do you think has the best solos?

No you can't, that's your opinion.