Doesn't make much difference, you name your song after a band it's going to sound cheesy...
I guess if you record the song and sell it for cash you may infinge a little. :/
Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
Being the child lover I am I told him to beat it or I'll beat his ass.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Doesn't make much difference, you name your song after a band it's going to sound cheesy...

"Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath on the Black Sabbath album isn't cheesy at all.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz

Not like "Pink Floyd."

A more generic name...
Opeth did it with Blackwater Park and Master's Apprentices.

If anything, it'd be seen as an affectionate homage. They'll be flattered as long as it's not shit.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by Doppelgänger
"Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath on the Black Sabbath album isn't cheesy at all.

That's their own song, it's different.
You can have anything as a songtitle. It's when it's the band name that you have to worry. If people could have song names copyrighted then you wouldn't have so many songs called "changes" or something just as overused
tom waits wrote a song called the fall of troy

later, the fall of troy wrote a song called tom waits.
Go Veg.
Quote by Doppelgänger

But it was named after their OWN band, just think about it: say his song gets famous, every time someone tries to find it, they'll get the band they named it after.

I keed, I keed...

If you really want to do it, go ahead bro, I highly doubt the band will take any legal recourse unless you are making millions off of it.
I guess you can..

I mean Boris got their name from a song by The Melvins, so i guess the reverse would be acceptable.
It's usually fine. Song titles are usually not copyrighted. It's the actual song, the lyrics, music, etc. that's copyrighted. People are more likely to sue for stealing all or parts of their song than for naming a song after their band.
Just change a letter on the band name if you're worried.

MGMT made a song called Lady Dada's Nightmare.
Children of Bodom has done it a lot, and they seem to be up and running still.
You'll only get sued if you name your song Metallica.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"