sounds pretty cool, better than I was expecting tbh.
I'm not a fan of the bass tone, but that's my weird preference.
It also kinda bothered me that the drums seemed like they were trying to fit as many hits in as possible at times rather than actually playing to benefit the song.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
sounds pretty cool, better than I was expecting tbh.
I'm not a fan of the bass tone, but that's my weird preference.
It also kinda bothered me that the drums seemed like they were trying to fit as many hits in as possible at times rather than actually playing to benefit the song.

Agreed.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Yeah tell your drummer friend to stop trying to show off and let the song flow a bit more and it'd be great. I enjoyed that, thanks for posting it.
Great track, and great bass tone too. Keep me posted if you're posting anything else!
alright thanks guys always good to hear constructive critisim. yeah ill be sure to post up any other songs we do. for the bass tone part its because my battery was basically dead while recording this and the strings were pretty old.
Real groovy song man. I been wanting to do something like this. Only drummers dont exist here , so it would be a one man project haha.
I like the song and I think its close to a great thing. Yes, the issue here is your drummer is a bit too busy. I let Mr. Tam (a drummer) listen and his reaction was the same. He also says that the kick pedal is out of synch for what the drummer is trying to do. It needs to snap a bit more on the double pulse and not drift in the next beat.
2:51 sounds like some DFA1979 thing which rules... Thats really the only part I liked about this.

Otherwise it just seems like a "This part's cool.... This is a cool riff... This is a cool little lick I can do.... Ok, lets put them all together."
I mean it's kind of like putting a baby seal, a puppy, a motorcycle, and a jet fighter together. They're all awesome things... But if you put them all together you're just like.... mehhhh
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
2:51 sounds like some DFA1979 thing which rules... Thats really the only part I liked about this.

Otherwise it just seems like a "This part's cool.... This is a cool riff... This is a cool little lick I can do.... Ok, lets put them all together."
I mean it's kind of like putting a baby seal, a puppy, a motorcycle, and a jet fighter together. They're all awesome things... But if you put them all together you're just like.... mehhhh

yeah i hear ya dude it kinda was slapped together but at the same time i was kinda going for a diffrent genre of music with every riff and yes the last part is heavily influenced by jfk"s bass playing lol
This drummer sounds like a better version of the guy I play with.
To me it sounds like theres to much bass drum, its not that bad, but it sounds like a rap beat. I think the drummer is using to much crash too. To me it sounds like hes over powering the bass and in a way its like..."lead drums". Other then that I love the bass line. I just started playing bass today and im hoping its not to hard of a transition.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Aug 11, 2010,
Actually, this is the wrong forum. Try posting it in the "Original Recordings" one instead.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com