I found a used/new Samson AP1B wireless bass system. I know you can use it on a guitar, but what will the sound be like? Will it be deeper and bassier, or will it sound like any other system?
But should i get it instead of a new cable?

The system is $100
the cable im looking at is around $40
ill just get a rechargeable one

i just have some animals in my house, that keep chewing up cables and i do plan on playing live in the future.

plus i like to move around lol
oh gotcha!

yeah, i'd go with the wireless then. see if you can test it out first though, just to see how it pairs with your equipment.

my friend has one of these and he really enjoys it, so maybe check into it. same price range and is new.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Audio-Technica-ATW251-Freeway-VHF-Guitar-Wireless-System?sku=275104#used
i would only use a wireless system if i was in metallica playing on an 80 foot stage.

using a wireless system for a small show just makes you look like a jonas brother..... not in a good way.

Also really not worth the money. You could just get great cables for half the price..... which are probably more reliable anyway. Simple is usually the best.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
ok

but this one is a Samson, and i know that Samson is one of the top brands for systems
The Samson wireless is pretty crappy IMO. The cheapest wireless system I've found that sounds decent is the Line 6 one.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
it doesn't keep animals from chewing anything. You need just as many cables with a wireless system, the cable goes into the wireless receiver instead of your input jack.
I use them all the time live, even on tiny stages, because it just feels so much better, and you don't have anythiing in your legs when you move a bit
As for batteries, mine died on me at my last gig, 2 weeks ago. it took me about 30 seconds to unplulg the jack from the receiver and put it in my guitar, so it's not THAT Much of an issue. I was the only guitar at that time, but still.

wireless is worth it. Bass wireless shouldn't change much, as far as I know. However, using a 100$ wireless system wouldn't be so good.
Here we go again. If you dance onstage then a wireless system is a godsend. Don't listen to insecure people obsessed with some image they are desperate to cultivate.
I used one of the better Samsons once and it worked quite well.
One trick to maintain the same tone is to use the lead you used to use as the patch cable between the receiver and the amp. The capacitance of the lead has an effect on the tone. If you use a short patch lead it will allow more high end through. That can be a good thing sometimes but it will make it sound different and if you were happy with your tone before use the same lead you were using.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
thats what i was thinking
plus i hide the cable more then what i have know

i still have to think about it
because in the end it might be worth it
like i said, i wouldn't use any wireless system unless you're playing ozzfest on an 80 foot stage......
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by handbanana
like i said, i wouldn't use any wireless system unless you're playing ozzfest on an 80 foot stage......

Dude. Get over it. It's an extremely useful thing to have when you move around a lot on stage. Sure you don't need one if you pay attention to where your cables are moving but that's yet another thing to worry about when playing. All you have to worry about with a wireless is the battery dying and most have indicator lights.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by handbanana

Yes but you haven't given a single reason why except for some lame image concern.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
when i went to see Maiden, everyone was using cables other than Steve Harris

and id say they have big stage and move around quite a bit
Last edited by GibsonKid213 at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by Cathbard
Yes but you haven't given a single reason why except for some lame image concern.

i actually listed 2 other reasons. scroll up.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
wireless is great, i was using one a year or so ago, until we got a 16 port snake to run to the sound desk from the stage.

all i can say is if your gigging with it, use fresh batteries when you go on stage, put them in when your doing a final tune as you walk on. and keep spares in your back pocket. and use good batteries.

if your just messing round at home, make sure our animals don't eat the receiver i guess....haha
Ok, they cost more than a cable, so what? Cables break when you stomp on them all the time.
Your main concern seems to be that you don't want to look like the Jonas Brothers. Well, Carlos Santana uses them too so why is it that you think people will associate you with the Jonas Brothers and not Carlos? I smell insecurity.
All I can conclude is that you resemble a tree onstage. Some of us move around and don't like getting tangled in cables and don't think people will mistake us for Jonas Brothers wannabes. I'd look within if I were you, that's where the problem lies.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by HKSR33
wireless is great, i was using one a year or so ago, until we got a 16 port snake to run to the sound desk from the stage.

all i can say is if your gigging with it, use fresh batteries when you go on stage, put them in when your doing a final tune as you walk on. and keep spares in your back pocket. and use good batteries.

if your just messing round at home, make sure our animals don't eat the receiver i guess....haha

this post is probably reason enough not to get one.

also carlos santana uses one cause he plays large venues, and has a sound crew worrying about everything. i highly doubt this kid is playing the staples center anytime soon.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Last edited by handbanana at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
this post is probably reason enough not to get one.

Batteries? That's you problem now? You aren't fooling anybody, you just have a self-image problem.
Rechargeable batteries are the go. I have a rechargeable battery in my EMG loaded guitar with a jack on the back for the charger. Before a gig I just plug it in and give it a charge. I suggest doing the same with the wireless system although it would be easier to just have a spare one on charge and just swap them. It's not like it's a big job or anything.

Edit: The size of the venue is irrelevant, if you dance you get tangled, even on a tiny stage. Really man, your reasoning is centred around your image.
The Jonas Brothers play on big stages too so why is it them you are scared about looking like instead of Carlos?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 10, 2010,
handbandana. i dont play large venues, am i allowed to use a wireless system pretty please?

seriously though, if you feels its what you need to use for what your doing, then go for it. who cares about others PERSONAL opinions on how they look. Will the wireless system work for your needs better than a few cables? if yes then get one, if no, then use cables.
Well I use the Samson Stage 55 (SR55 VHF True Diversity Receiver) and Samson ST5 Transceiver. And never have had any trouble with it.

My tone and sound is the same as when I use a cable and a new 9v last 10hrs.

I do not gig I just like to move around when I play also I can get 200 ft range.

Only down side is it has just one channel but if you do not live next door to an airport then your okay.
Thanks guy for all the comments.
I can see i touched a sensitive area for some people.

I honestly don't care about image, or anything.
As long as it sounds and works good ill be happy.

The guy hasn't responded back to be to see if it still available. But ill be sure to let you guys know if i purchase it.
Buying cheap wireless systems are a big no-no. They are more prone to interference and suck the tone out of your instrument greatly.

Honestly I would forget about it.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/80874

I've heard great things about the line 6 relay series.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
As someone who gigs on a pretty consistent basis I can say that I'm eagerly anticipating the purchase of a wireless system. It doesn't matter what size stage you play one, wireless can just make your life easier depending on your situation.

For example, one place we play at pretty regularly is quite cramped, because there are two giant brick columns on the side of the playing area, and I either have to stand in a pile of cables, or stand behind a wall for the most part. If I had a wireless system I could get out in front of the column and not have to get tangled up in cables.

I also hate walking around while wired to be honest. I hate having to reach back and keep messing with the cable. It also seems that our shows keep getting bigger and bigger, so I'd like to be able to move around a bit more, since our lead guitarist runs around a bit I'd like to run around too. I know some of that didn't really pertain to the OP's situation but it seems some people in this thread have it out for wireless systems.
I would ordinarily recommend against any wireless system under the 500-600 price range (new obv). It will be more trouble than it's worth and can leave you with some good horror stories to tell. Kiss your tone goodbye as well.

That said, I've been hearing fantastic stuff about the line 6 relay system. Haven't gotten around to trying one yet, but I would look into it if your determined to go wireless for cheap.

As for whether your "should," thats up to you. IMO this forum does way too much YOU DON'T NEED THAT DON'T EVEN THINK OF GETTING IT etc etc etc
But again, this isn't an area I would skimp on.
^I agree. I think more often than not people are too quick to dismiss things that they sometimes don't have the knowledge to comment on. I think the best way to learn what you may or may not like is to just go out and buy the crap! This is one reason why buying used can be a blessing. Don't like that pedal or wireless system you just bought used? Sell it back for the same price or more! Idk, my 2 cents.
ya i know what you mean

ive meet people you put down Gibsons and Fender for price reasons. But IMO there are Gibsons that are completely worth the money and are worth whatever price it is. Same thing for amps. Its all about what you like, i know i like running guitar to amp, nothing in between.

The guy still hasn't got back to me yet so im still waiting to see.