Hi everybody,

I have a Schecter C-1 Custom.

So I was turning the tone knob, and whilst doing so, I haphazardly pulled up and the knob popped up by about a centimeter. It doesn't seem to be broken and I can pull it up and down (it's still pretty sturdy and I can turn it with ease), but I'm still a bit concerned. Is it a problem with the knob, or maybe Schecter designed it like this?
u might have coil tapping abilities, which means it turns one of your humbuckers into a single coil. built in feature.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Its coil tap, the C-1 custom comes with it.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Aug 10, 2010,
It basically makes the humbucker a single coil. A humbucker is pretty much two single coils wound reversely (I think); when the coil tap is engaged, it only activates one of the coils, thus, giving your humbucker guitar a single coil sound.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
yes biga29 they are wound oppsite of each other.

It bucks the hum that single coils would get under flourscent lighting. Happy accident really.
I'm the musical equivalent of driving a Sherman tank to work.