You know what, **** this, I know what's my goddam problem. I'll just shut up and go on with things. I'll just stop thinking about what I'm doing and do it. I'll just force myself to think happy and to believe I can do it.

However, I'll still ask for some tips or opinion about lack of ambition. Except for trying to discover new songs, it didn't help for me, even though I did found some amazing new stuff.
Last edited by kevC4 at Aug 10, 2010,
I don't know how to help, but if it's any consolation, I'm kinda in the same place right now.
has a terrible signature.
I'm kind of the same way.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
just force yourself to do things. maybe it'll snowball into you actively seeking to do things.

go to school, perhaps. it's something.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by MakinLattes
just force yourself to do things. maybe it'll snowball into you actively seeking to do things.

That's another problem for me though.

I finished high school and took a break so I could get some cash and pay for college, but now I don't know what the **** I want to do in the future. The only thing I'm good at is music and even there I'm not so good at it.

Quote by cyco_bob56
The term is apathetic. Happens to the best of us TS. Just keep on truckin'. You're doin' better than some of us.

Now, yes. 2 months ago, I was probably the most pathetic and useless person on heart. Bad looking, stupid, without ANY friends (yes, without ANY friends), and etc.
Quote by MakinLattes

this. make yourself do stuff. eventually you will gain ambition from it.
I've been that way in the past. It's struggling man, only time will get you out. You are going to grow so much from this and trust me when you do you will have an unprecedented appreciation for life. I wouldn't sponsor the tattoo idea though. Tip here: never make rash decisions in times like these- you will look back and think, "What was I thinking?"

This is really really general, I could go into way more detail and give move advice if you want.

Start thinking outside of your head. If all you think about is what is going on for yourself personally, you won't see what is two feet in front of you. You've got to get out there and grab the opportunities. They are there, and most people are sleeping too much to notice. Start thinking about music and guitar, don't think about how good you are in those areas in relation to others or some ideal. Enjoy what you are doing, try new things, you will eventually find yourself.
Last edited by EnemyWolf at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by kevC4
That's another problem for me though.

I finished high school and took a break so I could get some cash and pay for college, but now I don't know what the **** I want to do in the future. The only thing I'm good at is music and even there I'm not so good at it.

I don't know what I want to do either. that's what gen ed classes are for.
Nevermind that. You're on your way, you'll be fine.
Last edited by SearchNDestroy at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by EnemyWolf
I've been that way in the past. It's struggling man, only time will get you out. You are going to grow so much from this and trust me when you do you will have an unprecedented appreciation for life. I wouldn't sponsor the tattoo idea though. Tip here: never make rash decisions in times like these- you will look back and think, "What was I thinking?"

This is really really general, I could go into way more detail and give move advice if you want.

It's not a rash decision, I always wanted one to show my love for music. I just never decided when to get one, but I have a new friend (yay, new friend) who is drawing one for me since I didn't really know what tattoo to get. Had an idea, but it was a pretty empty tatoo and stuff so he's helping me out.

I know it's hard times and stuff, but believe me, I really was like I said in my previous posts before. So for me, there's still some empathy going in my head.

edit : I really shouldn't say that though. I'll stop from now on, seriously, so I can start to make things better for my thoughts.
Quote by kevC4
It's not a rash decision, I always wanted one to show my love for music. I just never decided when to get one, but I have a new friend (yay, new friend) who is drawing one for me since I didn't really know what tattoo to get. Had an idea, but it was a pretty empty tatoo and stuff so he's helping me out.

I know it's hard times and stuff, but believe me, I really was like I said in my previous posts before. So for me, there's still some empathy going in my head.

Ah ok, I just know PLENTY of people who get in situations like this and start getting tattoos and end up hating it in a few weeks, but you seem to have put some planning behind it. Good, that's a start, now start applying that to everything. Plan, plan, plan. Always live for tomorrow. Create, create, never become satisfied, always be focused on your next goal.
Quote by EnemyWolf
Ah ok, I just know PLENTY of people who get in situations like this and start getting tattoos and end up hating it in a few weeks, but you seem to have put some planning behind it. Good, that's a start, now start applying that to everything. Plan, plan, plan. Always live for tomorrow. Create, create, never become satisfied, always be focused on your next goal.

I know what kind of people you're talking about, but even though I've been through bad times, I've always been someone very realist and rational. That's probably one of the reasons I don't think I can compose or do music though. I always think my stuff sucks or that there's always better/ can't do better, and all that stuff.

But anyways, like I said, I'm working on it from now it. I'll have to be more of a lunatic or dreamer, I guess.
Quote by kevC4

edit : I really shouldn't say that though. I'll stop from now on, seriously, so I can start to make things better for my thoughts.

Dude it sounds to me like you just oughta get out more and meet some more people... I mean I don't know where you live, so I don't know where to tell you. Go to a bar, go to a show, go do SOMETHING. Sitting around on the internet is one of the worst things you can do for your self esteem, too... You say you're not good looking, but even as a straight guy I can tell you there are a zillion guys out there who would probably kill for your looks and weight just because you're not a disfigured obese dude.

Just keep yourself busy. Seems like you have way too much free time, which is why you're thinking too much about this kind of thing. Oh, and maybe getting laid would help your self esteem?
I went to community college and took some random classes because I had no idea what I wanted to do in life (besides music fo' life). One of them happened to be a Music Theory class (with a really great teacher). One of the other things I noticed was that I was teaching people little things (mostly how to do math problems because I could easily do them) and my mother was always telling me that I should try teaching.

After a while I decided I was gonna go into teaching for Music and Math and am well on my way for them. Things just happen out of nowhere TS.
Quote by eds1275
Dude it sounds to me like you just oughta get out more and meet some more people... I mean I don't know where you live, so I don't know where to tell you. Go to a bar, go to a show, go do SOMETHING. Sitting around on the internet is one of the worst things you can do for your self esteem, too... You say you're not good looking, but even as a straight guy I can tell you there are a zillion guys out there who would probably kill for your looks and weight just because you're not a disfigured obese dude.

Just keep yourself busy. Seems like you have way too much free time, which is why you're thinking too much about this kind of thing. Oh, and maybe getting laid would help your self esteem?

Well, I do need some free time for my music stuff... Anyways. Getting laid would be a good idea and I've been working on it, maybe it'll happen soon. And I am going to a bar with some new friends I have at work this week.

But I will listen to your advice about the internet. I'll be more distant from it from now on.

Quote by cyco_bob56
I went to community college and took some random classes because I had no idea what I wanted to do in life (besides music fo' life). One of them happened to be a Music Theory class (with a really great teacher). One of the other things I noticed was that I was teaching people little things (mostly how to do math problems because I could easily do them) and my mother was always telling me that I should try teaching.

After a while I decided I was gonna go into teaching for Music and Math and am well on my way for them. Things just happen out of nowhere TS.

I tried doing that, can't exactly do that with the system in here. Also, there's nothing music related to the college I'm going... I'm not even in college right now though, starting at the end of the month.
Since this is pretty well on topic, I'm going to vent a bit. My whole life I havn't really been interested in anything strongly enough or long enough to make anything out of it. I have a few things that I come back to and then get bored of again, music, psychology and philosphy. None of these things you can really make money at, dependably anyways. I currently work a job I ****ing despise, and I'm probably going to lose it soon, since I don't have the money to take the class they just suddenly said you need to renew my liscense (security). The only part of my life I enjoy right now is my girlfreind, and I don't get to see her much since I was a dumbass and put off getting my liscense, and she lives awhile away now. Plus I work midnights so I'm either working or sleeping all the time.

/vent

Hugs or advice?
Quote by kevC4
You know what, **** this, I know what's my goddam problem. I'll just shut up

Please follow your own advice.
I make the list of the things I want or need to do and then I do them. Tonight it came between recording a new song and cleaning my apartment. So I made myself clean the apartment. I would be recording right now, but I think someone is on their way over and don't want to be interrupted. If you seem incapable of forcing yourself to do something, hang out with people who will make you do it. I like writing songs, but never feel like doing it. So I have to surround myself with other people who will make me do it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Boobs
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

You earned your name, pal.
Quote by badassasaurus
Boobs

Although your a spammer, I gotta say you have the best username ever.
I have a similar problem. School is just starting up again for me, and my parents are having trouble affording it. I have to make a 3.0 average minimum to get the tuition assitance I need to keep going there, and I may not even get it. I need something that'll help me get going in the right direction. I guess I'm going to try what Jack Off Jill mentioned and make a list. That sounds like a decent idea. Prioritizing myself. Any other tips?
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by KGB_INC
I have a similar problem. School is just starting up again for me, and my parents are having trouble affording it. I have to make a 3.0 average minimum to get the tuition assitance I need to keep going there, and I may not even get it. I need something that'll help me get going in the right direction. I guess I'm going to try what Jack Off Jill mentioned and make a list. That sounds like a decent idea. Prioritizing myself. Any other tips?

Stay away from the ladies. They're the only thing that can make me forget what I have to do.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
you need some poon lol.

makes everything better.
I'm the musical equivalent of driving a Sherman tank to work.
Welcome to my world.

No job, no friends, unrealistic ambitions, no health. Pretty sure my parents are sick of me sitting around. Oh and a girl I was pretty much in love with just got engaged.

Life sucks
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Stay away from the ladies. They're the only thing that can make me forget what I have to do.

I have a girlfriend, and I go to an all male school. I'm not gay or bi, so I don't really have to worry about that.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
usually it takes something like a near death experience for people to permanantly snap out of chronic apathy, but i really think theres a less extreme solution for this.. maybe if you think about your life in terms of limits, it'll force you to get your shit together.

think about it this way, in your life you will only have a finite number of breaths to breathe, a finite amount of water to drink, etcetc, that way you'll appreciate everything a lot more, even your life. just for shits and giggles, assume that you'll get to live to be 80 years old, calculate the number of weeks and number of days you have left of this lifetime, and the number of hours, minutes, seconds and so on and so forth. just my 2cents.

best of luck to you, TS
Once you get yourself going you won't be able to stop. I'm a bit like this at first, but once I put my mind to something everything starts falling into place.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Ambition for what? For guitar or in general?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to