Page 1 of 3
What do you think earth will be like in a thousand years?

I think that if we manage to survive that long, we will we a class 1 species (having harnessed the power of the earth itself). I think there will be no more countries, and we will be one large economy. Thoughts?
in 1 billion floating around the universe after someone decides to divide by zero on a super computer
I think I should devote my life to developing the technology that would allow me to live that long. damn cells, always dividing...
@TS: You should look up Illuminati; they've got the same vision as you.

@OT: I think of the earth thousand years from now as a place better preserved, because we might have found the answers on how to live a great life without harming the enviroment. I also think of endless peace. /Hope for humanity
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
We already are one large egonomy. We trade products with each other and when one country's economy is bad it affects the entire world. And the thought of no more countries is crazy in my mind. Ever since the beginning there have been 'tribes' and 'empires' and now we call them countries. Obviously some nations will change (lose land/gain land) but they will still be here.

I don't think in the next 1000 years the world will change as much and most of us hope it does. That is, if we don't all die in 2012.
I've read a bit about the illuminati. I think the global economy is obvious, since we're moving towards it right now with the EU and other alliances. As for the type 1 thing, if we're going to live that long, we're going to need another source of energy.

Quote by nfrench7fold
We already are one large egonomy. We trade products with each other and when one country's economy is bad it affects the entire world. And the thought of no more countries is crazy in my mind. Ever since the beginning there have been 'tribes' and 'empires' and now we call them countries. Obviously some nations will change (lose land/gain land) but they will still be here.

I don't think in the next 1000 years the world will change as much and most of us hope it does. That is, if we don't all die in 2012.

I should have said global government. I think we will be one large society, whether we're connected by government, some form of advanced internet, or even physically. There is no way for us all to prosper and not find some sort of understanding, a global government is my guess.
Last edited by The_Sophist at Aug 10, 2010,
There will be an army of brains invading Earth to sap the intellect out of every living thing.
I think the world will be exactly the same as now, mass media scares over the economy, environment, wars famine and natural disaster. Be even more overpopulated and everyone one will still be out for them selves, oh and that pesky religous fantacical lot (whom ever there god will be by then) will still be sticking their noses where they don't belong.

So yup exactly as it s now and has been for the majority of human history
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
I don't know if I want to live that long, because of global government, and technology will almost make life pointless.
call me cynical, but i don't care. I won't be here then.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
There will be an army of brains invading Earth to sap the intellect out of every living thing.

Futurama?
Hitlers great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandson will unleash World War 37 by targeting the Mormons.
UG Republican

Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.

Quote by xyz66
YES!!!

And I enjoy Katy Perry's music.

I swear to god nobody better sig this or else imma kill them
Quote by TheAbsentOne
If so, we must ride these brains.

Or be our own grandfathers to be immune
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
You're wrong...we as a species will be dead. Once they find the cure for cancer and all those bad things it's over for us
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
I'd say Type 2 Society (able to use the power of an entire star), since if you look at the way our society's technology has increased exponentially in that past 100 years, in 100 we will almost certainly be able to control that amount of energy.

Makes it very sad that our lifespans are so short.
Quote by Dirge Humani

That's right, cancer saves lives.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
We'll all be fighting off the occasional radroach infestation and raiders, but besides that not much will be different
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I'd say Type 2 Society (able to use the power of an entire star), since if you look at the way our society's technology has increased exponentially in that past 100 years, in 100 we will almost certainly be able to control that amount of energy.

Makes it very sad that our lifespans are so short.

Holy banana hamick an on topic post.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
That's right, cancer saves lives.

Imagine the population boom if people wern't dying of disease.
Quote by JackalUK
Imagine the population boom if people wern't dying of disease.

That means our teachers are trying to bring on the end of the world. "Maybe you'll cure cancer some day!".
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I think that in 1000 years, we will have pretty much started over. Global Thermonuclear War destroyed all traces of life, adn we have to start all over again.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by Gods Waffle
Hitlers great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandson will unleash World War 37 by targeting the Mormons.

To turn it into a world war, someone would have to have a problem with that.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Maybe the canadians will?
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Who said there would be anybody on the Mormons side?
UG Republican

Quote by Moggan13

Quote by xyz66
YES!!!

Quote by Gods Waffle
Who said there would be anybody on the Mormons side?

Yeah.. so.. That's basically what I just said.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Maybe the canadians will?

Maybe. In a thousand years, I'm sure America will no longer exist. And Canada won't have to be our obnoxious, good two shoes little brother anymore, though. So they won't be willing to tolerate mormons, either.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Maybe. In a thousand years, I'm sure America will no longer exist. And Canada won't have to be our obnoxious, good two shoes little brother anymore, though. So they won't be willing to tolerate mormons, either.

I bet Canada will have taken over america. That's what they're planning, those friendly, maple-slurping caribu hunters
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Yeah.. so.. That's basically what I just said.

What I'm saying is Hitler starts... everyone agrees. Then joins. Bam.

Amurrica.
UG Republican

Quote by Moggan13

Quote by xyz66
YES!!!

Quote by Gods Waffle
What I'm saying is Hitler starts... everyone agrees. Then joins. Bam.

Amurrica.

Bam Margera? I knew he wouldn't stick to childish pranks!
Quote by JackalUK
Bam Margera? I knew he wouldn't stick to childish pranks!

Not THE Bam Margera. His relative Bam Margera the 27th. He will take command of the US Military Forces and create weapons with his good friends the likes of which nobody has ever seen. Considering his great relative's work with pranks he is able to utilize it on the battlefield as strong military tactics.

...Amurrica.
UG Republican

Quote by Moggan13

Quote by xyz66
YES!!!

Page 1 of 3