Some decent sludge WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT TO CALL IT from Savannah, Georgia. Barely discovered these guys from this song. I'm getting their album Taste the Sin right now.

Gonna give it a good listen later today, it's almost 3am.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Aug 12, 2010,
Been listening to them for a while. Embrace The Madness is a fantastic song
Mediocre at best, disregarding the poor vocal work. I can't see myself listening to more than, say, two songs by them without getting lethally bored...
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Mediocre at best, disregarding the poor vocal work. I can't see myself listening to more than, say, two songs by them without getting lethally bored...

I felt sort of like this, I just thought they were really inconsistent.

Also, I hate to be "that guy", but they're not sludge.
Nowhere near, even.

Sorry Ian, perhaps there'll come the day when I finally like one of the bands you post about.

...would you love me?
Clearly you never saw my Old Man Gloom thread.
Quote by lolmnt
STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT BANDS I LIKE!

That being said, I totally bought Taste the Sin based solely off of Baizley's artwork.

Was mildly disappoint. Guitar work is decent and there's some killer parts (chorus of Snake Charmer = awesome) but the lyrics just drive me insane with how terrible they are.

EDIT: And I'd have to disagree and say they're pretty well sludge. Not on the level of eyehategod or the Melvins, but they still produce a rather sludgy sound.
Last edited by goest at Aug 10, 2010,
I had a feeling it was Baizley's art, but didn't bother checking. Yeah they aren't great, but they have some good stuff in there, maybe they'll get better in a couple years.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by goest

EDIT: And I'd have to disagree and say they're pretty well sludge. Not on the level of eyehategod or the Melvins, but they still produce a rather sludgy sound.

Nah.

EHG are pretty much the defintition of Sludge, so if it doesn't sound much like them, you can pretty well say it's not Sludge
Quote by goest
And I'd have to disagree and say they're pretty well sludge.
I can't wait for the Scot to invade this thread... and your life.

...would you love me?
Quote by Deplorable
Nah.

EHG are pretty much the defintition of Sludge, so if it doesn't sound much like them, you can pretty well say it's not Sludge

Sarcastic generalizing will get you nowhere, sir!

Quote by we_built_a_tree

Not sludge. Based on owning many sludge albums and having listened to a lot of sludge in my time.
Edited OP to end bickering.
Quote by lolmnt
Checked out an album by these dudes today, not too impressed with the effort.
I drink your milkshake.
I gotta say that I disagree with a lot of you and I really like the CD Taste the Sin. I have never really listened to- Sludge/this not ****ing sludge- type music, usually more of a thrash and hardcore guy. I don't know what it is, but this CD has something that draws me to it.

Can anyone recommend bands that sound similiar to these guys other than Kylesa, Baroness and Bison BC?

Also, I know there is a recommendation thread, but I thought this would be easier than having a bunch of people who don't know who Black Tusk is make suggestions and I figured it would be better to resurrect this thread than start a new one.

Thanks.
High on Fire - Surrounded by Thieves for an album in this style that's actually quite good. Which is a VAST understatement.

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
High on Fire - Surrounded by Thieves for an album in this style that's actually quite good. Which is a VAST understatement.

Thanks, I will certainly check it out.
Quote by goest
STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT BANDS I LIKE!

That being said, I totally bought Taste the Sin based solely off of Baizley's artwork.

Was mildly disappoint. Guitar work is decent and there's some killer parts (chorus of Snake Charmer = awesome) but the lyrics just drive me insane with how terrible they are.

SOUTHERN METAL ALL THE WAY. I saw these guys two days after Kylesa @ The Underworld in Camden, and they absolutely blew me away. I love Kylesa, but as far as a fun, headbanging non-stop, greatly performed gig, Black Tusk won my heart.
Quote by we_built_a_tree

This band are pretty fucking shite.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.