I've found a pretty decent deal on a JCM 2000 TSL 60. And hope you guys can answer me a few questions.

1. Is it good for classic stuff like the guitar sound of Van Halen, Guns N' Roses etc...?

2. Is the clean channel clear? Or does it break up?

Thanks!
I have the TSL100, and I would say that yes it delivers the goods for EVH type stuff if you set it up right. The cleans are quite nice, but again it takes setting up.

This amp will not sound all that great if you leave the EQ flat. You need to tweak it, and it does take time. But it's worth it - I'm mostly happy with how my amp sounds, but even after months of owning it I am still finding out new things every time I play it.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I have the tsl 100 as well.

it will do the classic rock thing damn well. The clean channel is actually really nice and it will break up once you get the volume cranking
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
The lead guitarist in my band has a TSL 60, and it does classic and alt rock very well. It has a really nice warm clean tone as well. I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with it. You can't really go wrong with a Marshall tube amp.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
thanks people!

BUT one more question: is the TSL 60 loud enough for band practice and small gigs?
Is the TSL 60 good or do you guyz think that the 100 one is better? It obviously has more wattage but in the front panel there are more knobs on the 100 one. So is the difference meaningful?

Also, do you guyz think that the TSL 60/100 does metal (morelike oldschool but also a lil modernish) well, or when you used a boost/OD/dist pedal, or not?

Cheers
Jonathan
Quote by fc89konkari
Is the TSL 60 good or do you guyz think that the 100 one is better? It obviously has more wattage but in the front panel there are more knobs on the 100 one. So is the difference meaningful?

Also, do you guyz think that the TSL 60/100 does metal (morelike oldschool but also a lil modernish) well, or when you used a boost/OD/dist pedal, or not?

Cheers
Jonathan

the difference is the tsl100 has seperate EQ for the crunch and lead whereas the eq is shared for the crunch/lead channel for the tsl60

its def. loud enough. It can do metal no problem. (Hatebreed use the tsl)
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus