First time wiring my guitar and I'm replacing all the electronics. The setup is 2 single coils, one volume, one tone, 3 way toggle switch les paul style. I've tried understanding the regular telecaster wiring schematic, but the pickups seem to have two separate wires and the tele style toggle switch wiring confuses me.
The Mean90s I have, have three wires wrapped in a black tube. Two of which are ground, which confuses me. I've raped all of google, to no avail, and the stock wiring on my guitar looks like a damned bowl of spaghetti.
Help much appreciated
REAL MEN HAVE NO SIGS
So are you putting in Mean 90s into the tele? Cos they are not single coil sized. Or do I have this wrong?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
So are you putting in Mean 90s into the tele? Cos they are not single coil sized. Or do I have this wrong?

I'm putting Mean 90s into a les paul styled guitar, one volume knob, one tone knob.
REAL MEN HAVE NO SIGS
Quote by misterbrytside
I'm putting Mean 90s into a les paul styled guitar, one volume knob, one tone knob.

You mention Teles twice, and the LP none. You can understand my confusion.

The Seymour Duncan site has great wiring diagrams. Get on it.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I've tried the Duncan site before. The SD equivalent of Mean 90s would be Phat Cats I guess, but they don't have a 2 phat cats, one volume, one tone, 3 way toggle scheme. It might be a bit specific, but I just don't want to screw up the wiring, killing my guitar, or me
REAL MEN HAVE NO SIGS
Last edited by misterbrytside at Aug 10, 2010,
What are the color wires coming from the pickup? I'd imagine a White, a Black, and one that is just a bare wire? Normally GFS uses the same pickup coloring code as SD, but It appears that the SD Phat Cats only have a black hot and a sheilding around it.

I'd say use black as hot, ground white and bare, assuming those are your colors. If you wire both pickups the same, they shouldn't be out of phase, so it won't matter.

And just use that diagram ^ for the HH guitar, just ignore the red and white wires, and the green wire would be your white.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by MonkeyLink07
What are the color wires coming from the pickup? I'd imagine a White, a Black, and one that is just a bare wire? Normally GFS uses the same pickup coloring code as SD, but It appears that the SD Phat Cats only have a black hot and a sheilding around it.

I'd say use black as hot, ground white and bare, assuming those are your colors. If you wire both pickups the same, they shouldn't be out of phase, so it won't matter.

And just use that diagram ^ for the HH guitar, just ignore the red and white wires, and the green wire would be your white.

The diagram shows a black wire coming out of nowhere labelled 'ground wire from bridge' Does that mean the bridge has 3 ground wires?
REAL MEN HAVE NO SIGS
Last edited by misterbrytside at Aug 10, 2010,
that black wire is to ground your entire guitar and electrics.
"coming from nowhere" is SD presuming you know that this ground wire goes through your gutiar body and solders to the actual bridge (not bridge pickup) of your guitar to ground the entire loop.
Right-o, I seemed to have found that on my existing wiring after reading that. Thanks for having the patience to explain to a beginner
REAL MEN HAVE NO SIGS