Currently my ''rig'' is like this:

Guitar>Zoom g9.2tt>Blackheart little giant. It sounds okay but I don't really use the multiFX mostly because the music I play (punk and blues) doesn't need that much of FX.

So I had this Idea:

Buy an nice high watt amp head, plug my guitar in it let it come out the Line out and put the line out in the input of my Blackheart so I still have acceptable bedroom volumes.

So I have a few questions:
- Would that set up work?
- What would be a nice amp to play punk a bit of blues and stuff like that? Preferably modern American voicing and multiple channels so I can just switch from cleans to rhythm to lead.

I don't know if I explained it well but if you have questions or don't get what I mean please ask

Thanks for reading the wall of text
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
why not just use the blackheart for bedroom practice and use the new one for jamming and gigs?
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Because I wan't to get rid of my Multi FX because it's way to much for what I need. And on top of that the blackheart doesn't have a distortion on itself.
Gear:
----------------------
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
In theory, yes, it should work. The Blackheart will function as your overall volume control, but keep in mind you'll have to keep both of them plugged into a speaker this way, at all times.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
In theory, yes, it should work. The Blackheart will function as your overall volume control, but keep in mind you'll have to keep both of them plugged into a speaker this way, at all times.

In theory only or also in practice?
They I should buy one extra cab right? Or is it possible to use a 212 with 2 inputs and put on amp in the first and the other amp in the second?
Gear:
----------------------
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
just get urself a distortion pedal that you like.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Quote by julzius
just get urself a distortion pedal that you like.

exactly no need to make things difficult, or just lower the volume on your new amp. its not like its gonna hurt your tone that much, besides your in a bedroom not playing in front of anybody any way?
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by travs2448
exactly no need to make things difficult, or just lower the volume on your new amp. its not like its gonna hurt your tone that much, besides your in a bedroom not playing in front of anybody any way?

Yeah, but if he has to have the high watt amp connected to a cab, as well as the blackheart connected to a cab, the high watt amp is gona be loud as hell, overpowering the blackheart and killing his neighbors.

Best solution, get a nice distortion pedal.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Yeah, but if he has to have the high watt amp connected to a cab, as well as the blackheart connected to a cab, the high watt amp is gona be loud as hell, overpowering the blackheart and killing his neighbors.

Best solution, get a nice distortion pedal.

I wanted to turn the volume down on the ''big'' amp so you can only hear the sound coming from the small amp.
Gear:
----------------------
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
I wanted to turn the volume down on the ''big'' amp so you can only hear the sound coming from the small amp.

If you turn it down too low, the preamp volume will be way to low to boost with the blackstar, trust me, I record using the preamp on my VK, and to get a decent preamp volume level, I have to get it pretty loud, a 50 watt tube amp set to 3 is very loud in a 2000 sqft house.

Your life will be much more simple if you buy a distortion pedal, plus, you'll save prolly $1000 in buying a new amp+cab just to get a distortion.