hi there, dave here, new here. new to learning guitar also. im a lefty and i have a basic left handed ashton electric.

however my question is - does anyone know how good a jack daniels electric guitar is. i won one yesterday and its worth $499 (AUS dollars) with the amp. anyone know anything about them? what brand this one is, does it play well etc

thanks in advance =)

As far as I know, they're somehow connected to Peavey and they're not anything too special, but not super crappy, either. And seeing as it's free, it can't be THAT bad...
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
i was thinking peavey to but i wasnt to sure. glad to see a metallica fan it seems, my favorite band =)
Jack Daniels guitar?

Does it still produce a sound when you're sober?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by davellbd
i was thinking peavey to but i wasnt to sure. glad to see a metallica fan it seems, my favorite band =)

I'm quite sure that Peavey has something to do with JD stuff, I'm just not quite sure what - Maybe Jack Daniels is selling guitars under their brand name, and the guitars are produced by Peavey. My best guess <: And lol, I was a HUGE Metallica fan years back, hence the nic. I'd change it to the one that I usually go by in the interwebz, just seems like I can't change it afterwards, lol.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
heh im a die hard fan through and through. but yeh i'll see if anything comes with it (instuctions, guide etc) and try and find out what it is
Quote by davellbd
hi there, dave here, new here. new to learning guitar also. im a lefty and i have a basic left handed ashton electric.

however my question is - does anyone know how good a jack daniels electric guitar is. i won one yesterday and its worth $499 (AUS dollars) with the amp. anyone know anything about them? what brand this one is, does it play well etc

thanks in advance =)

You don't have to think any deeper than what the price tag says. If it is a $500 guitar with an amp it is going to be a POS. You might be able to mod it with better pickups but at that price that guitar is going to disintegrate on you after a couple of months. Like SX and Agile guitars. they are only useable once you transplant everything out of them for better parts. People only buy them for the bodies. Not the hardware and electronics. Same price range. So that tells you right there.
It was free, so it sounds good to me. You can do some mods to it later to make it sound better. Just because it is $500 doesn't mean it is a POS.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by WarOnTerrorHoax
You don't have to think any deeper than what the price tag says. If it is a $500 guitar with an amp it is going to be a POS. You might be able to mod it with better pickups but at that price that guitar is going to disintegrate on you after a couple of months. Like SX and Agile guitars. they are only useable once you transplant everything out of them for better parts. People only buy them for the bodies. Not the hardware and electronics. Same price range. So that tells you right there.

...my guitars cost half that and they aren't pieces of crap...and Agiles play amazingly, even when they're bone-stock. I believe your logic is flawed, sir.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by WarOnTerrorHoax

Please go back to necro-ing lefty threads and promoting gaskells. There are some fantastic players who play Agiles because they make some of the best and most affordable ERGs.

TS, its probably better than a squier so with a new amp it'd last you a while since you're learning. I wouldn't expect too much from it, but it beats paying.