So im looking to get a bass rig to jam with my friends. I play lead guitar right now, but its getting old(especally because the drummer and guitarist haven been playing for very long).

Anyway im going to get a Fender bass, but I still need an amp. I need something thats loud enough for our jam sessions. I do like nicer gear, but I dont even know if ill like playing bass so id like not to pay to much.... What would it take to get a decent bass amp for just jamming? If its a tube amp thats a + in my book. So what do you guys suggest?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
acoustic b100, i think thats the model number, buts its loud and sounds good. SS though.
Looks good man, not bad on price either
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
What kinda sound you going for?
SS is a good thing for bass in my opinion.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove

I have no clue man. I don't play bass, so im not being picky about my tone at this time. I figure this would be a nice change. I'm getting tired of playing lead and a bass is the next best thing. I'm thinking ill go with the B200. I play alot of classic rock, and rock related stuff.
I want that..."Another one bites the dust" sound. To be honest...I cant really hear the differences in bass tones yet.

I'm not even sure if this is going to work out...the other guitar player calls himself a rhythm player, but he never plays anything right. He cant hear strum patterns and duplicate them as well as I can. "Louie Louie" and "When I come around" are great examples.
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Aug 10, 2010,
most of peaveys transtube stuff sounds pretty good. its what i have for diddling on bass. carvin, if you ever get more serious, has decent sounding heads in my opinion
Quote by FuzzLove

Thousands of Ampeg SVT users would disagree with you
However I'm sure the TS isn't after a top of the range 15 tonne Ampeg though. The Acoustic bass amps are pretty good amps however.
I have an old 60W Roland bass cube that has served me well over the years. I usually mike it up at gigs but it does get over the drums ok for jamming which is what it usually gets used for.. Not the best sounding bass amp out there but eminently usable. Not sure what the new ones are like, the old ones were just a straightforward SS bass amp combo.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Is it possible I just need a bass cab? Iv got a Pignose 40watt tube amp. Will that not be enough to push a bass cab?
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
I'm definitely a fan of SS for bass.

You can probably play through the pig nose but if it's got a 10" or smaller cone in it then that won't sound to great. Don't know how much that matters if you only ever want this to be a jamming thing then it might be ok. Just don't push the amp too hard.
Quote by tobassist
I'm definitely a fan of SS for bass.

You can probably play through the pig nose but if it's got a 10" or smaller cone in it then that won't sound to great. Don't know how much that matters if you only ever want this to be a jamming thing then it might be ok. Just don't push the amp too hard.

I meant pushing that through a bass cab. I have a 4x12 guitar cab I run it on, but if I got a bass cab.....either way nm I decided to get that acoustic bass amp
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10