Page 1 of 9
http://www.news.com.au/national/judge-rules-n-word-not-offensive/story-e6frfkvr-1225903563377

A QUEENSLAND judge has found the terms "******" and "sand******" are not offensive to a reasonable person. Magistrate Michael O'Driscoll made the ruling yesterday when he dismissed a case against a Gold Coast retiree charged with sending an offensive facsimile to a local politician, the Gold Coast Bulletin reported.

What? What?

How...Lost for words.
Nonsurprisingly, the judge is white...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Right...

What the hell Australia?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I wonder if Magistrate Michael O'Driscoll is a nigger?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I can understand that just the term "ni**er" can't be 'proven' to be offensive, since certain people from african-american descent seem to be using it all the time. "sandni**er" is a different thing though.

related:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui6-Wc0PDc4
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Big question is, how does he know all the muslim women so far had circumcised genitals...
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Eh.

I use it playfully towards friends, but I don't think it'd be cool to see an unfamiliar black fella and be like, "Mornin' nigger!"

But that's just me.

The case comes after a judge in the Queensland city of Townsville ruled last Thursday that it was acceptable for people to tell police officers to "f*** off".

Officer: You! Stop right there!

Citizen: Fuck off.

Officer: That's it... I'm calling the Powerpuff Girls!
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by captaincrunk
Well, it kind of is since he's a judge presiding on a case in which that must be decided.

Yeah but he can't make the decision of what offends other people. That's ridiculous.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
^ Actually, he has to.

"The words used were crude, unattractive and direct but were not offensive to a reasonable person," he said.

But he made it clear the court in no way condoned Mr Mulheron's comments.

Queensland Premier Anna Bligh said the use of the term "******" is highly offensive and has no place in modern Australia.

There. See? We can't protect everyone from offense. Lots of fools here are offended that there isn't a cross in my bedroom but they can **** rightly off.
Eh, its Queensland, they're all a bunch of racists. Just look at the One Nation party shit that was going on a while ago.

Just Kidding, We love you guys
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

i've actually never heared of the term "sand******" before
first thing i thought though was
as long as black people use nigga all the time, i don't see why it should be any more offensive than cracker, wetback or any other racial slur. They're friggin WORDS, people. We all know them, we've all heard them, nothing to get excited about.
I think he's right. If you call yourselves ******s, it isn't offensive.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
^ Not all blacks call themselves niggers.
Quote by Ichikurosaki

My computer is too shit to play the video, but I'll guess it's one black guy saying he's not offended by it? If it is, he doesn't speak for everybody who's ever had the word used against them.

And does nobody else find people saying "/thread" really, really, really annoying?

EDIT: It depends on context though I guess.
Last edited by asator at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by CoreysMonster
as long as black people use nigga all the time, i don't see why it should be any more offensive than cracker, wetback or any other racial slur. They're friggin WORDS, people. We all know them, we've all heard them, nothing to get excited about.

Some fancy thinking there, fucking nazi.

I obviously don't think you are but perhaps you can see why people would be offended by words even if you aren't. Words are only words until intended in a derogatory manner. It's a matter of intent.
An interview with Rody and Arif from Protest the Hero, on the subject of Rody calling Arif a "sandn*gger"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ2tWdyiCdk

There's a lot of interesting arguments in there.

But yeah, I really don't see how a rich white man can decide on something so distant to anything that might directly insult him.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Eh.

I use it playfully towards friends, but I don't think it'd be cool to see an unfamiliar black fella and be like, "Mornin' nigger!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtqqMchhUkw
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by asator
^ Not all blacks call themselves niggers.

My computer is too shit to play the video, but I'll guess it's one black guy saying he's not offended by it? If it is, he doesn't speak for everybody who's ever had the word used against them.

And does nobody else find people saying "/thread" really, really, really annoying?

EDIT: It depends on context though I guess.

Nah, the nigga in that video is right about everything he says. you can't argue.
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Quote by MakinLattes
nigga is not the same as nigger

No more different than playa and player IMO.

edit: I will never use the word nigga. My accent just doesn't call for it, it's awkward.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Aug 10, 2010,
I don't use it in my vocabulary either, because I hate to use offensive terms such as this one.

Also, does this judge have some kind of power to make that law?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by CoreysMonster

/thread
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Somebody needs to send this to the judge:
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Kensai

I obviously don't think you are but perhaps you can see why people would be offended by words even if you aren't. Words are only words until intended in a derogatory manner. It's a matter of intent.

This is what I couldn't be bothered thinking about enough to type. I concur.
I think people are reading too much into it, the point is simply that it is not enough to warrant criminal sanctions. It also points out that telling police officers to "**** off" isn't enough to warrant criminal sanctions either. He should've worded stuff more carefully though.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Jackal58
Somebody needs to send this to the judge:

or
Quote by Kensai

it works that way with any kind of insult If I called you an asshole, depending on my tone of voice and the situation, you'd be offended in various degrees, too.
Quote by sfaune92
I don't use it in my vocabulary either, because I hate to use offensive terms such as this one.

Also, does this judge have some kind of power to make that law?

You guys need to hush if you think judges make laws.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']No more different than playa and player IMO.
it depends on how it's being used of course. if someone walks up to me an says, in a ridiculously stereotyped middle class white voice, "what is up, my nigger?" I'd probably crack a smile.

to me, there's a clear distinction between the two words. nigger just sounds too damn weird, and I don't really like being called that. nigga is fine. it's part of the reclamation.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 10, 2010,