I was thinking about getting a strat kit or something so me and my dad could put it together but I was thinking it would be cooler to buy like project parts off of ebay and make like a mismatch guitar. The only problem I can think of is how would I go about placing the bridge if I don't know what scale the neck was designed for? Or do I have to find a body and neck that were made for the same scale?
it stands to reason that you would but i dont know for sure. if you cant find one on ebay try warmoth guitars, they literally sell every style of neck in every scale with every headstock and in all different woods. they also sell all the other parts to so you could potentially just do it all from there. definitely more expensive than ebay though
Well if you dont know the scale length of a neck, just measure from the fretboard side of the nut to the middle of the 12th fret wire and double that measurement, thats your scale length.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Well if you dont know the scale length of a neck, just measure from the fretboard side of the nut to the middle of the 12th fret wire and double that measurement, thats your scale length.

This is your answer ^