Page 1 of 3
you have it?

for whatever reason, I don't. I don't really believe in an afterlife so it's difficult to be afraid of 'death' really; it's not like I'll be able to experience the aftermath. also having dealt with the idea of life so much as a biology major and a pre-med student, death just seems so natural and I seem so insignificant (in a good way) in the whole scheme of things.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

obviously, death can happen at anytime...
What? This is my sig...

Gear:

Guitar(s)
Silvertone: Revolver

Guitar FX
Boss ME:70

Amps/Speakers

Silvertone 15 watt amp
Logitech Practice Speakers

Cables
1 Neutrik 15ft cable
1 First Act 4 ft cable
No.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Zaphikh
They're an okay group, but nothing to be scared of.

RIP Chuck Schuldiner
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by damian_91
RIP Chuck Schuldiner

+1

I don't have a fear of death, but i would also prefer not to die.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Aug 10, 2010,
I'm not afraid of it now, but I'm sure if a 20 ton shipping crate was about to fall on my face I'd be pretty scared.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of leaving what I have and yet to experience behind. And also the torturous pain that may come upon my demise. But no, I'm not afraid of death.
I laugh in death's face and sleep with its mother.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by burndttoast
I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of leaving what I have and yet to experience behind. And also the torturous pain that may come upon my demise. But no, I'm not afraid of death.

So... you're afraid of death.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
for whatever reason, I don't.

It's easy to say these things until a maniac barges through your lecture hall randomly shooting anybody in sight.
Quote by Kensai
I laugh in death's face and sleep with its mother.

You have very low standards and little respect. Cut the guy a break! It's not like anyone likes him as it is, jeez...
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

im not too keen on dying but i will sooner or later so it doesnt bother me too much, id like to know when id die though so i can plan my life accordingly (aka quitting my job, tellin people to blow me)
Last edited by BlitzkriegAir at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by Zaphikh
It's easy to say these things until a maniac barges through your lecture hall randomly shooting anybody in sight.

Perhaps there's something that's messed up in my instinctual pattern in my brain, but for some reason that scenario doesn't really scare me as I've been put in somewhat similar situations. If my little brother or people I cared about were in that situation, I'd be very scared for them and angry, but knowing myself in that situation if it was just me I would try and get myself out of it for the sake of people that care about me but I wouldn't be afraid of just being shot and dying. There are so many more painful ways to die, a clean bullet to the head would be merciful really. Also it's the seemingly rational end to that situation... struggling with it would be futile

this is just me talking, I can never know for sure without experiencing it
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Perhaps there's something that's messed up in my instinctual pattern in my brain

Perhaps you're trying really hard to be unique and deep.
this is just me talking, I can never know for sure without experiencing it

Yep.
Quote by vintage x metal
You have very low standards and little respect. Cut the guy a break! It's not like anyone likes him as it is, jeez...

I'll take him out for a baseball game afterwards.

You're right about the low standards, though. I like to think of myself as a guy who gives everyone a chance.
Quote by Zaphikh
Perhaps you're trying really hard to be unique and deep.

I'm... not? There's nothing cool about not being afraid of death; there's a great biological threat to yourself without it. It'd be like not experiencing pain... in a shallow sense it would be nice I suppose but you're greatly lacking the entire alarm system trying to keep you alive. I'm surprised as many people have said 'no' as they have, I know earlier in life I was definitely afraid as hell of death. Things have changed I guess. It's not a nice change.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

To fear death is to fear living.
I don't equate a fear of death with your survival instincts kicking in when required.
I'm speaking of people that dwell upon it and allow it to control what they do with their lives.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I am not affraid of death but more curious about the experience of death. What feelings come over you as you die? Is there anything transcending going on? I don't want to die but I am not affraid of the new experience, even if it is my last.

I just see death as the greatest experience you can have because you can only do it once.

Edit: The only thing that bothers me or makes me "worry" about the impending doom is what impact I've placed on those around me. I don't want my loved ones to feel pain when I die, I just want shit to keep rolling :P As if I was never even there xD
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Last edited by Metallicaxp at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by vintage x metal
It's not a nice change.

Must be tough, huh?
I don't think I'm afraid of death, but I really don't want to die this early. Maybe when I'm in my 30's or 40's, I dunno .
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Not really. I feel like it would kind of suck, but once I'm dead I'll be dead, so it won't matter to me anymore.
Quote by Kensai
I'll take him out for a baseball game afterwards.

You're right about the low standards, though. I like to think of myself as a guy who gives everyone a chance.

I suppose that's nice of you but it's not something to advertise in the Pit if you don't want your ass to ache horribly by the end of the week. Just like your email address...
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

it upsets me only knowing that my death would have a profound impact on my friends and family. as for myself, i'm not really afraid of death.
#DTWD
Death be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poor death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures bee,
Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee doe go,
Rest of their bones, and souls deliverie.
Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy, or charms can make us sleep as well,
And better then thy stoke; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

Word.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by Zaphikh
Must be tough, huh?

Oh stfu you judgemental asshole. I try to hold a legitimate conversation with you and you give me nothing but snide remarks and a holier-than-thou attitude. I'm sorry you dislike me but at least give me the respect of not mocking me when I offer a thought-out response to what you have to say.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Oh stfu you judgemental asshole.

Easy there princess...
I try to hold a legitimate conversation with you and you give me nothing but snide remarks and a holier-than-thou attitude.

I'm just being frank with you. No need to take offense.
I'm sorry you dislike me but at least give me the respect of not mocking me when I offer a thought-out response to what you have to say.

You don't have to make a response at all. That's your own prerogative.
Quote by vintage x metal
I suppose that's nice of you but it's not something to advertise in the Pit if you don't want your ass to ache horribly by the end of the week. Just like your email address...

I don't mind if my e-mail adress (or cellphone) gets bombarded
Page 1 of 3