Hi, i have a PRS style guitar with the following specs:

Mahoganny body and Maple top
Maple/Walnut 25.1" neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Stop tail style bridge

I would like to get a dimarzio pickup pair that gets me a nice balanced tone and equal perfomance on distortion and cleans, so in short words a nice pickup thats agresive enought without going over the top on the gain department, my local store only offer the following pickup combos so limit the choises to that list please:

1. Set of Dimarzio P.A.F 36th Anniversary
2. Dimarzio Tone Zone Bridge (Bridge), Dimarzio Air Norton (Neck)
3. Dimarzio P.A.F 36th Anniv on the neck, Dimarzio Tone Zone Bridge

(Dimarzio recomends to use the P.A.F bridge on the neck aswell to balance with higher output pickups)
well for your bridge i would definitely recomend the tone zone. i have one in my bridge spot on my alexi, and it sounds great, good cleans. it is loaded with high mids, but idk how it would sound in mahogany, though my usual guy at the local shop said it sounds phenomenal in his mahogany body custom. im afraid im of no assistance for a neck pickup. check out the pickup buyers guide in gb&c
I've heard that the tone zone doesn't sound too good in mahogany. I've never heard what it sounds like myself, but I've just heard it doesn't sound as good in mahogany as it does in basswood.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo
^^ yeah considering the primary users of them are playing ibanez. i was kind of figuring that. my guy has strange opinions on tone.
Quote by dementiacaptain
well for your bridge i would definitely recomend the tone zone. i have one in my bridge spot on my alexi, and it sounds great, good cleans. it is loaded with high mids, but idk how it would sound in mahogany, though my usual guy at the local shop said it sounds phenomenal in his mahogany body custom. im afraid im of no assistance for a neck pickup. check out the pickup buyers guide in gb&c

Im excited to get a Tone Zone on the bridge because it seems to be a pickup that breaks some rules when it comes to a high gain pickup, some say that its has good warm cleans... my mayor concern its that it becomes muddy with my mahogany guitar, its not a les paul though... it has a vary balanced tone.

Someone here have tested this pickup on a PRS style guitar ?
I choose #2. I think the tone zone sounds very nice in Mahogany, and I LOVE the way the Air Norton sounds in Mahogany (or any guitar for that matter!)
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by TheStratGod
Im excited to get a Tone Zone on the bridge because it seems to be a pickup that breaks some rules when it comes to a high gain pickup, some say that its has good warm cleans... my mayor concern its that it becomes muddy with my mahogany guitar, its not a les paul though... it has a vary balanced tone.

Someone here have tested this pickup on a PRS style guitar ?

The closest I've come is playing the Tone Zone in an Ibanez S series which had a mahogany body, and it sounded phenomenal.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
The closest I've come is playing the Tone Zone in an Ibanez S series which had a mahogany body, and it sounded phenomenal.

Well in this case, mine is an Ibanez SZ the heavier brother of the S... the Tone Zone has some high mids on the mix to clear up its massive tone like the other user says ?.