Looking for some direction/help because I've tried out so many guitars in the past few weeks and can't find one I've particularly fallen in love with. So if you have an opinion please share, I'll be very grateful.

I love the way my strat feels, so I'm looking at strat style only guitars. I'm getting rid of my les paul studio for it, as I don't feel very comfortable on the short scale.

Looking for FR, 24 frets, strat style, humbucker on the bridge.

So, I've narrowed it down to ESP, Jackson, Schecter, or PRS.

Please only give me advice on guitars you've owned or played often, and have personal experience with that is A+

Thanks for all your help, seriously.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Why not Ibanez? Their FRs are IMO a lot better than LTD, Jackson or Schecters LFRs, they got killer superstrats and of course humbuckers on most models...

EDIT. Also, very fast, thin necks, great for 'shredding'
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Last edited by Lewadra at Aug 10, 2010,
You will have a lot of chew finding a PRS with a floyd rose on it, they're virtually nonexistant. The only one i've heard of is an SE torero?
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
The only Ibanez I'd really want is an Sabre prestige, but they are out of my budget.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
yeah check out ibanez the rg series have exactly what you want the fr arent as bad as people say in fact its quite good
I play an Esp LTD mh-250. The neck is thin enough to shred, and it has an amazing Original Floyd Rose. It has everything your looking for. Great sound too
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
The only Ibanez I really admire are the prestige, and they are out of my budget.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
I don't like Jackson because they always seem to be a bolt on neck, but I do like the feel of their necks. I also think Schecter and LTD have nice necks for me, but not as nice as jackson.
For that money, assuming you're buying new, odds are you will get a guitar with a piece of shit FR, whether it's a Jackson, an LTD or an Ibanez. After having done some research, I myself wouldn't get anything below an Ibanez RG prestige (1570 and above) for whammy bar use.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Check out Laguna guitars. I've got one of their older 24 fret, swamp ash models and love it. Their LE400Q is a carved top Strat-style guitar with a Floyd and 24 frets and runs about $399. If their build quality is as good now as when I bought mine, you couldn't go wrong with that guitar.
Quote by 100%
I play an Esp LTD mh-250. The neck is thin enough to shred, and it has an amazing Original Floyd Rose. It has everything your looking for. Great sound too

Really nice guitar but its 24" scale. Otherwise I think it was a winner. I'm really liking the ESP.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
ibanez s570 or esp ltd mh-350 / h-351

i'd go with the ibanez cuz it's got the best trem for that price range.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Wild card, but I'm a fan of the old Fender Heartfield Talons. Buckethead used to play one. You can get them for around 3-400 on eBay usually.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by guitar nubsauce
Really nice guitar but its 24" scale. Otherwise I think it was a winner. I'm really liking the ESP.

I have a mh-250 as well and it is a 25.5". I love my guitar and I would definitely recommend checking one out. I haven't had any issues with the trem and I've had my guitar for 4 years. If you are reasonable and don't go ape shit on them licensed trems will be just fine. That being said with your budget I would look at esp/ltd 400 series as they are better build quality and good guitars for the $$$.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1