I want to change the strings on my G&L Rampage Jerry Cantrell (which I got on Saturday ), and I'd like to change the strings. I've heard (and experienced) that changing string gauge can affect the trem. Although, I'm not sure if that's the case with Kahler, because of the way the mechanism looks. I want to put .011s on them, but the strings that are on there now are .010s or maybe even .009s. The Kahler is a 4300 X-Trem if that helps you. My concern is that I'll f*ck it up, so I'm asking for help here.

So that's a locking trem, right? Going up in string gauge is only going to raise the trem, so you'll have to back off the spring tension somehow to level out the string tension and the spring tension.

It's like a game of cat and mouse, just fiddle fart with the spring tension till it levels out, while in tune.
Yes, it's a locking trem. So I should adjust the a string one by one, or a little for each string, maintaining a standard tuning?
What the guy above said. And you probably won't need to change the spring tension too much because there is only a slight gauge difference from before. BTW I am very jealous, that is one damn fine guitar
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Thanks. I'll probably be even more happy with the new strings and action.