Okay, so I'm looking at getting a delay pedal, I prefer to stick with analog, but I just want a good one with enough control to get some good sounds, the only one that I've rea;;y had the chance to check out is the MXR Carbon Copy and I liked it. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good Delay pedal between $100-$200.

It doesn't have to be analog, but it would be preferred.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Second the carbon copy. Really nice pedal.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
When i tried out the memory toy i loved the standard delay sounds, but the modulation was a bit uncontrollable, i hear the carbon copy has very shallow modulation! So opposites there! The EHX Memory Toy is pretty cheap too

i personally love my Mallekko Ekko 616. very versatile, right in your pricerange, same price as the Carbon Copy, but better! Its worth looking at it, check out the pro guitar shop video
The malekko is real nice..but I prefer the 600 dark to the new 616s..but I can't find one. I went and compared the memory boy to the carbon copy and personally I just liked the carbon copy better. I felt it was a warmer, darker sounding delay...which I personally like. Also...the delay time was way longer than the memory boy..atleast to my ears. Not that you are looking for a massive delay time with an analog delay..but still..I feel the memory boys are just too short for me. I ended up buying the carbon copy and I'm really happy with it.

The Malekko Ekko is as good a choice if not better (opinion of course) and it is the same price. It's just very hard for me to find a Malekko to try it person..that's the problem.
The Malekko 616 is solid as is the Memory Boy, but the latter is a bit temperamental with regards to... well... temperatures.

Another option for good analog-voiced digital is the Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport. It fits right into the higher end of your price range.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Malekko 616

Edit: lol now I just look like I'm hoping the band wagon, but I really mean it!
Last edited by Sguit at Aug 11, 2010,
I've checked out the carbon copy, but I haven't looked at the Malekko 616. Thanks for the help guys, I mostly just want it for a slight delay on some clean and maybe use it on some dist if it fits it.

The Faux Tape Echo is nifty sounding too, the sound he was getting out of it reminded me of some songs down by the Aryeon, which if you haven't heard of it you should check it out. It's rock opera, but on one album Devin Townsend, James LeBrie, and Mikeal Akderfelt do some singing parts.
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
ive recently felt the urge to buy an analog delay, after testing out the CC, aqua puss, memory boy and malekko i went with the:

Malekko 616 same price as CC
that malekko is badass, Thanks guys, i've made my decision now.
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy - FX loop, tap tempo and great modulation control. And you can get them for around £100, which I'm guessing is less than $200
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.
Quote by Bleach265
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy - FX loop, tap tempo and great modulation control. And you can get them for around £100, which I'm guessing is less than $200

The DMB is 180$ new in US, it's also a very good option if you want some features.
Quote by chip46
Lunar Echo =/= DMB

ok ok in fairness it's made by people that call themselves "DMB"
and I like it better than the DMB, but that's something else.
I really like my Carbon Copy.

Mind you, if I found a 616 at the time I was looking for an Analog delay... I would've bought it.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣