I've been listening to these guys for a while. They are amazing to relax too.

I'd never listened to Dub before these guys, but we were learning about Dub in music tech so I'd thought I'd give some a listen.

I've got Dub side of the Moon, Easy Star's Lonely Hearts Dub Band, and Radiodread.
Dub side of the moon has got to be my favourite, the psychedelia fits with the dub sound so well.

Anyone else like them? What's your favourite track? Any recommendations?

P.S Sorry if there's already a thread, I searched.
Quote by korinaflyingv
that's weird, i just stuck on dub side of the moon and then came in this forum... seeing them on saturday cant ****in wait

I'm not a big live gig person, so I don't have a mass of bands to choose from, but I think I've enjoyed their gigs more than any others I've been to. They'll be near me in october
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
I don't really listen to them as dub so much as I listen to them as dub reggae interpretations of three of my favourite albums, but I definitely enjoy them more than any other dub/reggae I listen to.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

I liked Dub side of the moon (even though Dark side of the Oz by the Problemaddicts does a better cover of the album, regardless of the genre :p ), but I on't really like the dread Zeppelin stuff tbh...

EDIT: I thought these guys were also Dread Zeppelin.. I was wrong
Last edited by pwnerer at Aug 12, 2010,
Dark Side Of The Oz is superior to Dub Side Of The Moon, it is true. Most of my friends who like the Easy Stars also reckon Radiodread is better than OK Computer. As a sickening Radiohead fanboi, I cannot agree, although Radiodread is a crackin' album.
Quote by Ed O'Brien

I can't even listen to the beatles versions of a lot of songs covered by them now because the beatles were so ****ed on drugs at the time of recording that album that it is a little TOO spacey to be enjoyable (just in my opinion obviously), compared to the really great driving beats and INCREDIBLE vocal covers of the all stars.

I bought their album "Untl that day" which has some great tunes, my favorite is "Like the stars" and "dubbing up the walls" is great as well (cover of Radiohead's Climbing up the walls, dub style. Really captures the creepy essence of the origional).

If you are new-ish to reggae and like radiohead, you might be interested in Johnny Greenwood's album "Dread are the Controller" which is a bunch of his mixes of famous / his favorite popular reggae songs. It's really, REALLY good...
Haha yeah they're pretty awesome. dub side is one of my favourite records right now, it was the perfect accompaniment to a recent bout with mushrooms lol.

They aren't the best dub/reggae band out there but their covers are on point and they do have some better vocals than a lot of what you'll hear.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬