Since I started learning 3 years ago i've had a Line 6 Spider I and i'm starting to get a bit bored with it's sounds/effects.

I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to amps but i'd love to have a fuzz pedal. Can you use pedals through the amp I have? Or would I have to buy a whole new one to use pedals.

Sorry if it seems a really stupid question!
not a stupid question i was right where you were a couple months ago.
You can play a pedal through your line 6, but it will sound like poo.
i would say go for an amp first.

what styles do you play?
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by IXIchiodoIXI

what styles do you play?

Blues through to Hard Rock.
ever heard of the jet city amps????

The 20 watt version is exactly waht you are looking for. I have the combo version. great all tube tone. check out this thread for tons of JCA info https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346646
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Since posting this the other day i've looked into a few amps I think i'll buy a definetly buy a new one soon. Possibly that Jet City but I also like the look of Blackstar's combos.

However i've also found out a family member has an old Peavy Rage 158 amp (still works fine) which I can have to use, would that be any better than my Line 6 if I get myself a Fuzz pedal?
Def. Go give The Jet City amps a play at a local store. Have you ever played on a tube amp before?

I checked out the Peavy Rage, it seems a lot like your spider, solidstate modeling, so you would have the same problem with hooking up a fuzz to that as you would your spider.
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
I've never played a tube amp, the only problem with the Jet City is the places selling them in the UK aren't very local to me and obviously i'll want to try it.
Tube amps are a bit different than the modelling amp you have. When you play one you will be able to tell. Its way more responsive to your guitar knobs for one. Is there a closer store that sells maybe the vox night train or egnater rebel or tweaker?
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9