Is there a difference between Squier by Fender Affinity Stratocaster produced in China or Indonesia? Cuz i find Strat cheaper, and i think that it is can be fake. Thanks for post !
Well, I try my best
To be just like I am
But everybody wants you
To be just like them

Bob Dylan
No, the Affinity series is not that great. I suggest a standard or even a classic vibe.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
So Affinity can be the same produced in China or Indonesia ? Just signature "Made in China/Indonesia" ?
Well, I try my best
To be just like I am
But everybody wants you
To be just like them

Bob Dylan
yes they can be made in either indonesia or china. earlier ones were made in korea and the earliest ones were made in japan. no one is gonna fake a squier. there are decent affinity series guitars you just have to play a bunch of them to find one. won't be an awesome tone machine but will work fine for a beginner.
i have a standard series squire strat and i love the thing. i went to the store looking to get a MIM strat and thought this one was honestly better for MY hands/ears/wallet.. i emphasize the word my cause everyone is different

i used to have an affinity tele and with some work it was nice.. filed the frets..neck adjustment and full set up/ intonation and improved the soldering joints but the standard series along with the aforementioned classic vibe and vintage modified are worth the extra money
Specification:
alder
maple
palisander
vintage
3 x single coil
chrome
21 thresholds
White
five digit
volume, tone1, tone2

This is it ?
Well, I try my best
To be just like I am
But everybody wants you
To be just like them

Bob Dylan
WELL dont get an affifity. Get another brand FOR STARTING. Beacuse you are going to pay for a name called FENDER

I got a 96 Squier from japan. Its very cool with seymour duncan screaming something over it (spelling?)

But i dont suggest you NEW affity series.

Get an IBANEZ may be Cort or Dean
I have 2 Squier Affinitys....both 'Crafted in Indonesia'.

I also have 7 Fender American Stratocasters and 2 Fender Mexican Strotocasters.

The Squier Affinitys from Indonesia are excellent value for the money and play well.... play as well as some much pricier Strat-like guitars.

I have no experience with playing a Chinese-built Squier.

(be careful of some UG groupies giving advice....they have never owned or even touched most of the gear they are 'experts' on. They can't even spell 'Squier' correctly but claim to know all about them )
Quote by Raptorfingers
I have 2 Squier Affinitys....both 'Crafted in Indonesia'.

I also have 7 Fender American Stratocasters and 2 Fender Mexican Strotocasters.

The Squier Affinitys from Indonesia are excellent value for the money and play well.... play as well as some much pricier Strat-like guitars.

I have no experience with playing a Chinese-built Squier.

(be careful of some UG groupies giving advice....they have never owned or even touched most of the gear they are 'experts' on. They can't even spell 'Squier' correctly but claim to know all about them )

best kind of advice. i'm also a Fender user so i think i know how well they compare. the affinity squiers i believe are basswood and not alder (although i know that at times they have used alder for them). do squiers play and sound as good as a top of the line american, well no but they are far from the crap that many make them out to be. out of the box many aren't set up well so that is a good start. many new players want to do screaming steve vai whammy tricks with the bar but that's not what it was really designed for. once again with proper set up they can be made to stay reasonably in tune. yes the pickups could be way better but that is an easy fix and shouldn't cost a ton of money.
For what the Affinity series is, it is good value for the price considering they cost between $179 and $199 CDN (SSS vs HSS models). Comparatively they have less problems than Jay Tursers, and Yamaha PAC012's at the same price range. We sell probably 10 packs a month of the Squier Affinity w/frontman amps, and more often it's an issue with the amp, not the guitar if there is a problem. the packs with amp/cable/gig bag/tuner/DVD/picks/strap go for $249, and on their own most of that stuff would add up to close to $400 if you were to buy it all seperately so it's still the best way to introduce someone to the world of electric guitar on a budget.

Also their butterscotch blonde affinity tele model that came out some years back has been a real hit with a lot of pro players, some have bought it, then bought a set of Vintage Noiseless or Texas Special Fender tele pickups to upgrade and the thing screams. For $199 you can't buy the same alder body with the paint and hardware and neck on any guitar building website, so it's been extremely good on that front.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by Demon_dave
For what the Affinity series is, it is good value for the price considering they cost between $179 and $199 CDN (SSS vs HSS models). Comparatively they have less problems than Jay Tursers, and Yamaha PAC012's at the same price range. We sell probably 10 packs a month of the Squier Affinity w/frontman amps, and more often it's an issue with the amp, not the guitar if there is a problem. the packs with amp/cable/gig bag/tuner/DVD/picks/strap go for $249, and on their own most of that stuff would add up to close to $400 if you were to buy it all seperately so it's still the best way to introduce someone to the world of electric guitar on a budget.

Also their butterscotch blonde affinity tele model that came out some years back has been a real hit with a lot of pro players, some have bought it, then bought a set of Vintage Noiseless or Texas Special Fender tele pickups to upgrade and the thing screams. For $199 you can't buy the same alder body with the paint and hardware and neck on any guitar building website, so it's been extremely good on that front.

I'm usually the lookout for used Squier starter kits...usually listed from $150 to $250 on Kjiji but I end up getting them for $125. The last two i purchased were Affinity/Gdec junior combos (and tuners ,strap,etc.). Both still had plastic on the pickguard. Good guitars with a fun amp.

Thanks for the heads up on the Squier Tele. I''ll want to get one. There's not a lot to a Tele, so hard to go wrong as long as the neck is ok.
Last edited by Raptorfingers at Aug 11, 2010,
Strat or Tele what u think witch one better ;P ?
Well, I try my best
To be just like I am
But everybody wants you
To be just like them

Bob Dylan
Quote by Arczu
Strat or Tele what u think witch one better ;P ?

it all comes down to taste neither is "better". a strat guy will tel you strat a tele guy will say tele so asking for opinions is kinda useless. what kind of music do you play?
blues-rock, psychedelic rock, folk rock, rock and roll( the bands / artists: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, JJ Cale, Deep Purple, Bob Dylan)
Well, I try my best
To be just like I am
But everybody wants you
To be just like them

Bob Dylan
Quote by Arczu
blues-rock, psychedelic rock, folk rock, rock and roll( the bands / artists: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, JJ Cale, Deep Purple, Bob Dylan)

I have a Standard squier Strat with a Marshall amp and together, they're more than perfect for those genres
My Aff. Strat Squier is from Indonesia. Just make sure when you get it, have it set up and get new strings or do it yourself. The neck feels great but the pickups are... bleh.
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
I have an Affinity and I really like mine tbh. When I bought it I went to my local store and got it set up properly and its all fine. Stays in tune really well and has a good feel. If your going to get one then get a pretty decentish amp as well. I have a Cube 30x and its really good for me as I'm still a beginner.
Quote by kezbob2k7
I have an Affinity and I really like mine tbh. When I bought it I went to my local store and got it set up properly and its all fine. Stays in tune really well and has a good feel. If your going to get one then get a pretty decentish amp as well. I have a Cube 30x and its really good for me as I'm still a beginner.

Hard to beat that amp...or even it's smaller brothers. More than enough zip and features for 95% of players.