So how do you change strings on an original edge trem when all the strings are off so it has not tension holding it up and i didnt purchase a whammy bar yet so i can hold it up...does anybody have any recommendations to keep it floating while a tighten the block to pinch the string?

thanks
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
put all the strings on at once without holding the trem up then tune them to where the strings are tight then tighten the low e a little tighter, then the a, then the d... then keep doing that for all the strings

make sure you dont tighten the non wound strings because theyll break easily.

you should see the trem start to come up slowly

if it doesnt come up by itself pull it up with your hand and then tighten the strings to pitch and then slowly let the trem down (grip it under the fine tuners in the body cavity)
Quote by rickyj
put all the strings on at once without holding the trem up then tune them to where the strings are tight then tighten the low e a little tighter, then the a, then the d... then keep doing that for all the strings

make sure you dont tighten the non wound strings because theyll break easily.

you should see the trem start to come up slowly

if it doesnt come up by itself pull it up with your hand and then tighten the strings to pitch and then slowly let the trem down (grip it under the fine tuners in the body cavity)

i no but the trem is sinking into the cavity so i cant tighten the screw that clamps the string in the trem.
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b