Listen to Yngvie Malmsteen. Learn harmonic minor. Drums are double bass 16th notes all over the place. Play fast on guitar.

That's about it.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Play power chords, really fast. Do nothing original or inventive, but just play slightly faster than other bands.

Occasionally whip out a "looks insane but is really just insanely repetitive tapping or alternating".

Get a vocalist who knows only two things: dragons, and looking an utter state.

Drumming: don't bother, get a drum machine and program it to play sixteenth note double kick at about 130bpm, with some very minimal hi-hats and an occasional blastbeat.

Bass: don't bother.
Quote by LessThanLuke
Play power chords, really fast. Do nothing original or inventive, but just play slightly faster than other bands.

Occasionally whip out a "looks insane but is really just insanely repetitive tapping or alternating".

Get a vocalist who knows only two things: dragons, and looking an utter state.

Drumming: don't bother, get a drum machine and program it to play sixteenth note double kick at about 130bpm, with some very minimal hi-hats and an occasional blastbeat.

Bass: don't bother.

If this were any other genre besides power metal, I'd swear you were trolling.

Yeah. Just be as generic as possible. Power metal fans eat that up.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.