Afternoon Pit. I just found out I'm going tubing tomorrow

This has led me to make a thread about your best (or worst) memories/stories about water

Fishing, water skiing, wakeboarding, swimming, whatever. Go

The last time I went tubing, some drunk dude was steering the boat and almost flung us into a dock. I bailed as soon as I saw we were headed toward it.

Inb4 This thread sucks
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I was driving a boat and got to full speed then stopped at once which led the boat to do a jump which led to my cousin flying in the air almost off the deck and my other cousin caught him.
T'was fun.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Tubing crashes = great videos. Make sure to take a camera with you!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Tubing crashes = great videos. Make sure to take a camera with you!

I'll try to remember but it'll only be wipe outs as well be on Long Island Sound
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
I was once told by god to go to Nineveh and preach that if the people didn't repent, he would smite them from the earth. I disobeyed, and set sail in the other direction. God became angry at me, and sent a terrible storm towards my ship. I quickly realized what god was doing, and told the sailors to throw me over board. Only then would they be spared. So, they tossed me over, and then a giant whale came upon me. The damned beast swallowed me whole. I sat in the whales belly for three days and three nights until he finally spat me up upon dry land. The dry land ended up being Nineveh, and so since i was already here, i decided to carry out god's wishes and preach to the people about god's wrath. In the end, they repented and god spared all of their lives. I, Jonah, had saved the day again.

True story.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16

True story.

I think I've seen this episode before.... somewhere........ did Futurama do it?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by angusfan16
I was once told by god to go to Nineveh and preach that if the people didn't repent, he would smite them from the earth. I disobeyed, and set sail in the other direction. God became angry at me, and sent a terrible storm towards my ship. I quickly realized what god was doing, and told the sailors to throw me over board. Only then would they be spared. So, they tossed me over, and then a giant whale came upon me. The damned beast swallowed me whole. I sat in the whales belly for three days and three nights until he finally spat me up upon dry land. The dry land ended up being Nineveh, and so since i was already here, i decided to carry out god's wishes and preach to the people about god's wrath. In the end, they repented and god spared all of their lives. I, Jonah, had saved the day again.

True story.

I think I've heard this story somewhere....
I think it was from a very large and old book.

Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by SteveHouse
I think I've seen this episode before.... somewhere........ did Futurama do it?

Nah i think it was Family Guy.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by neidnarb11890
I once killed an albatross. Hilarity ensued.

'Til that shit got tied around your neck like a bow-tie, amirite?
Quote by angusfan16

True story.

No... You waited outside for the fireworks...
I went to the beach and got swept into an adventure with Jabberjaw and his pals a few years back. We caught some criminals and I got to play in their band, it was awesome.
B|-----------------MEEDLY
G|-----------------------------MOODLY
D|----------------------------------------------------------------------WEE
A|DUN-DUN-----------------------------------------DEEWOP
E|DUN-DUN-------------------------------DOON
Quote by L2112Lif
No... You waited outside for the fireworks...

What? According to the story he didn't destroy Nineveh. Unless you're talking about the part where he expected god to destroy the city, and was angry at god for changing his mind and sparing them.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by metaldud536
I took a piss in the ocean once.

You and the entire tourist industry.
Quote by metaldud536
That's a lot of stories to listen to.

Definitely takes the piss out of story-telling.
I remember one time I jumped on a big flat rock that was partially in the water, and it was as slippery as an asian oil massage, and I ended up falling completely onto my ass and breaking my toe in the process.
Good times.
Quote by goest
You and the entire tourist industry.

And every single animal that lives in the ocean.

Disgusting creatures.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
And every single animal that lives in the ocean.

Disgusting creatures.

Yeah, who do they think they are? Pissing, shitting and mating in my recreational swimming area?
Quote by goest
Yeah, who do they think they are? Pissing, shitting and mating in my recreational swimming area?

The worst is how they have the audacity to freaking DIE in my recreational swimming area.

How dare they!
I always pee in whatever body of water I'm swimming in...

It's convenient.

Anyways...

This summer, me and some family went camping in a place with waterfalls everywhere called... wait for it... Land of the Waterfalls.

Well, there was this one area that had a small waterfall and a swimming area below. On one side of the waterfall was a ledge that the waterfall was falling into before coming down into the swimming area.

Up on that ledge was a hole. 4-5 feet diameter... maybe a bit bigger... Well, my bro-in-law got a stick about 8 foot long and stuck into the whole expecting to reach the bottom...

he didn't.

He threw the stick down into the hole(it's filled with water) and the stick would disappear and then float back up to the surface.

Shit was deep.

If you put goggles on and looked into the hole, it'd be pitch black... seemingly bottomless.

Safe to say, none of us dared to get in there.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
I always pee in whatever body of water I'm swimming in...

It's convenient.

Anyways...

This summer, me and some family went camping in a place with waterfalls everywhere called... wait for it... Land of the Waterfalls.

Well, there was this one area that had a small waterfall and a swimming area below. On one side of the waterfall was a ledge that the waterfall was falling into before coming down into the swimming area.

Up on that ledge was a hole. 4-5 feet diameter... maybe a bit bigger... Well, my bro-in-law got a stick about 8 foot long and stuck into the whole expecting to reach the bottom...

he didn't.

He threw the stick down into the hole(it's filled with water) and the stick would disappear and then float back up to the surface.

Shit was deep.

If you put goggles on and looked into the hole, it'd be pitch black... seemingly bottomless.

Safe to say, none of us dared to get in there.

WTF?! You set me up with that moderately engaging story that could've led to piranha rape or eel sodomy, but you end with that?!

FUCK YOU!
The title reminds me of Tales of Topographic Oceans.

I am in the ocean pretty much every day. I've been in all the oceans and most of the seas I think. Under the water for a lot of it, speeding across under wind power for a lot too. Now I live right on the Atlantic. I'm starting to get bored of it and am moving soon to the mountains.
I went scuba diving a few times. I shit you not.

I've actually got swimmer's ear right now... it's when water gets trapped in your ear canal and allows bacteria to multiply like mad, resulting in an infection. Not fun at all.
Last edited by The Kush at Aug 10, 2010,
Me and some friends went tubing in New Braunfels and the chute that sends you to the river is pretty rough, so people usually wipe out and have to hold on to their coolers. Well, one guy and his other friends didn't know this, so they ate shit and lost all their beer. So we are there just relaxing, and then wouldn't you know it, the river current/gods brings their beer right to us. I love tubing.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power