So I decided to take a shot at writing some funeral doom. Ahab really inspired me to write this one, so tell me what you think. I don't know if this is the full completed version, so I am very open to suggestions.
Attachments:
Isola di Poveglia.zip
I wouldn't exactly call it funeral doom... it's too melodic and not nearly bleak enough. There's little no ambience about it and the 6/4 sigs were pretty unnecessary. Just because it's funeral doom it doesn't mean it needs to be that repetitive!

Some of the darker-sounding intervals were rather pleasant, I must say though. My suggestion to you would be to add a bit more synth and make those chords sound slightly more dissonant!
Well, if you wouldn't consider it funeral doom, what do you consider it? I thought Ahab was funeral doom and my song reminded me a lot of Ahab.

I think part of my problem is I listen to a lot of Nox Arcana and Midnight Syndicate, that's probably why I made it sound more melodic.
Last edited by symphyses at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by symphyses
So I decided to take a shot at writing some funeral doom. Ahab really inspired me to write this one, so tell me what you think. I don't know if this is the full completed version, so I am very open to suggestions.

is not funeral doom.this is a kind of melodic doom or death/doom.whatever i like it. do you want to colaborate with me for some doom songs?