Ok, I've decided f*** it, I'm gonna get a valve amp.

So first question (and a pretty stupid one I guess), is a tube amp of say, 50 Watts as loud as a solid state of say 75 or 100W?

Secondly, the one I'm looking at is the Blackstar HT-20 Studio.

http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/products/ht-amps/ht-20.html

Has anyone tried this amp out?
What's the distortion and clean tones like?
Is it reliable?

I play mainly Metal, some Hard Rock and quite a bit of Progressive Rock.
Something along the lines of Machine Head, Alter Bridge, Coheed and Cambria type stuff.

Would I need to buy a distortion pedal to achieve that or is the amp distortion good enough?

And finally, is this amp loud enough to gig with and quiet enough to use at bedroom volumes?

Thanks guys, really appriciate it =]
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Quote by Fenderboy17
check out bugrua or wtf they called begura 333

lolwut?
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
That blackstar will be about as loud as a 75watt solid state amp, but it won't do cleans (doesn't sound like that'd be a problem for you).

Not sure the blackstar would have enough gain for you at low volumes (might do cranked). I wouldn't suggest buying anything you haven't tried before.

Bugera's are good, and cheap.
THIS IS THE JAPANESE KABUKI ROCK!!!!
Ibanez RG1550 w/ BKP nailbombs
Aria Magna series w/ Dimarzio SD
Blackstar HT 5
Fender FM210R
Ibanez DE7
Keeley/Boss BD2
Line 6 floor pod
Alright, I've been looking up about the Bugera 333-212 and tbh, it looks absolutely gorgeous.
Anyone ever used that? What's it like?
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
I think they have a good rep, although I've never played one.

Bugera is supposedly notorious for poor reliability, although that issue is supposed to have been fixed by now.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Blackstar don't do cleans?! I played through an Blackstar HT-40 and that thing is surprising to say the least. Can easily do some damn good cleans, good gain on it too, and loud as hell. Can do bedroom level, but then again my bedroom level is quite high.

I've heard a demo through a Bugera 333XL 212 combo and that was awesome. That's definitely got more gain than the Blackstar. Can't comment on it's cleans though since the guy doing the demo was a shredder and had high gain on. Did a bit of "classic" rock stuff too on it. A loud amp that Bugera.

Tbh, i'm stumped in choosing between the two. Blackstar seemed more versatile, but lost out in terms of gain to the Bugera. Oh and from what i've been told, Bugera have fixed that reliability issue they had.
I was looking at the Bugera for a while but there were too many reports that it craps out. If they finally improved their QA, good for them but that went on for a long time.

I just got a Blackstar HT-40 and the clean tones with the ISF=UK sound really good to me so I'm not sure why someone would say Blackstar won't do clean. I'm seriously happy with
my Blackstar, worth every penny. The OD channel with ISF=USA kicks arse. I actually backed the gain off, very aggressive tone.
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”