Well I've been debating with myself for a while for what amp I should get. I want it to be a halfstack with a $300 to $600 price range. So far my choices are

Marshall MG4 Series MG100HFX and MG412A Half Stack
Crate FlexWave Series FW120HS 120W 4x12 Half Stack
Randall RX120RH and RX412 Half Stack

But those are just a few, feel free to tell me any different. I just needed help deciding which one to get.
Listen
To
Swaggasaurus
Those are pretty terrible options.

Why are you even considering half stacks in the first place? They aren't a necessity you know.

What genre of music do you play?
Willing to go used?
Tube or SS?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
Those are pretty terrible options.

Why are you even considering half stacks in the first place? They aren't a necessity you know.

What genre of music do you play?
Willing to go used?
Tube or SS?

A cheap half stack to a guitarist unfamiliar with gewd gear is like unprotected sex to a male teenager.

You want to so bad, but it's gonna FUCK you over.

OT: Look at the JCA thread, look at some black stars, etc.

If you go tube, I'm thinking you won't need more than 20 watts. Unless you're gigging, in which case, you would probably mic up with the PA.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Aug 10, 2010,
I can see where this thread is going. Everybody in this thread is going to recommend any of those 3 budget solid state half stacks you mentioned complimenting the awesome tone they give and nobody will recommend the jet city jca20 tube amp.*

*99% chance the opposite will happen.
The Peavey Vypyr would be a good option. Though honestly I think you'd be fine with a 75-100 watts rather than the half stack. If you wanted the tube version, the 60 would be fine.

It's a pretty varied amp, great for beginners, and sounds much better than the ones you've listed(I demo'd all of them, along with the different Line 6 amps, Fender amps, and a few low end Peavey's when I got my Vypyr). If you aren't gigging the Vypyr would be good for your needs.

Hell, I use mine for gigging so if you go at least 75 SS, or 60 tube, you'll be good for gigging if that's what you want to do as well.
333xl combo
be done, its great tube tone and can be fixed easy if you have problems
Quote by surface54
333xl combo
be done, its great tube tone and can be fixed easy if you have problems

But why would a new tube amp have problems? OH WAIT
Well I'm considering a half stack because I'm going to be playing shows soon.
Listen
To
Swaggasaurus