hey guys... this s just a song i have put together... quality is not very good but i think its listenable... the vocals where recorded with laptop mic so dont expect quality... check out the lyrics to...
just follow the link or go to my profile:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/AbsentMind/music/all/play880364

hope you guys enjoy it...
please rate and comment
Last edited by AbsentMind at Aug 10, 2010,
First and foremost, yes, the quality is pretty bad. Aside from that I liked it quite a bit. Really blended all those styles you posted in your title quite well. I'm gonna skip all of the mixing and tone parts of the review because I already stated how I felt....BUT, tone aside I really liked the idea behind the song. The build up leading to the solo was what I liked the most. Very old school in a way and I liked how the lead went over it. The vocals did seem a bit strained but still pretty good, Just needed a little more UMPH! behind them. Arrangement was also pretty good as well.

Barring the quality of the recording this could be an 8/10 for me, but right now it has to be a 6/10. Still pretty solid. Keep it up.

Here's mine

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1341315

Hope you like it, it's kinda close to your style it seems (I hate to genrenize). Please tell me what you think. Cheers
thanks man... i apreciate it...
i also dont like to genrenize... i dont really care what you call it as long as it sounds good is what matters to me...
as for the recording, ive been doing some riffs for quite a while and i was really wanting to hear the hole package(guitars,drums,vocals)... but there is still a lot to learn about the recording process... also my gear realy sucks... i cant afford better right now but hopefully i will in the near future...
when it comes to screaming... well i have only been playing with it for a couple of months just enough to be able to put some lyrics out there... my real passion is guitar and thats what i really focus on...

once more thanks for the reply(constructive criticism is very welcome)...
Last edited by AbsentMind at Aug 10, 2010,
no... its just really bad recording... and as i said before my gear relly sucks and cant get a decent tone out of it... my intention was more for you guys to check out the riffs and kinda see what the song might be...
soon i will finaly be able to afford new gear and will record this again with the right tone and quality...
for now its as good as it gets...
thanks for the comments...
Its got a great energetic vibe which I like. It shows that you have potential, and that potential will show even more when you get better gear. You should concentrate on the guitar parts for now, and deal with the vocals at a later date.
hey guys!!! once more thanks for the comment... i appreciate it... i am looking for more opinions about the song... im thinking about recording it again whith better quality but i was wondering if there where more people that like it... if not i might work on something new...
thanks in advance...