Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

For some reason I just want to talk guitars. Tell me about yours! Discuss!
My Gear
Guitars:
Encore E6 Blaster Series (My First Guitar, Great to learn on)
Jackson DK2S
Fender Squier Telecaster Custom
Amps:
BB10 10 Watt something or another...
60 Watt Marshall JCM 2000 TSL602
Effects:
Boss ME-50 Multi Effects Pedal
Well, all my guitars are a load of *ank tbh, apart from my Crafter. It's got the whole, HSH set up, and it's sort of Ibanez style, but without the really thin neck. The action's a little high for my liking and I'll get around to sorting it out soon, but I just love all the sounds I can get from it n___n
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
I have this lovely little BC rich mocking bird that I bought second hand, the actions amazing on it and the tone is great. It's a dark red and I have no idea what series it is, it seems pretty old but who knows, it plays great!
I also have a standard USA strat that I absolutely love. I played it and loved the feel but hated the tone for the music I play so I kept the original strat pickup in the middle and put Hot Rails in the bridge and Cool rails in the neck and it sounds sweeeeeeeet!
I love my Gibson LP standard. I have one with a 50s neck and two burstbucker pros. I just need a new godamn amp! (i'm looking at blackstar ht-60).

Lots of people say les pauls are hard to play and cumbersome but I don't think so. Its such a nicer guitar in comparison to my old strat knockoff. The only thing about my old strat knockoff is the SRV tone I get out of it.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
I play a white Schecter C-1 FR, not the hellraiser version, but the discontinued model with bolt on neck and active pickups.

What I Like:
neck isn't too thin (big hands)
FR is stable
strat shape
mahogany body
decent sustain
nice weight
tight pickups

What I don't like:
no coil tap
a set neck would be nice, but I am used to bolt-on so it doesn't bother me.
Well, between my 2, I play my Ibanez ART100 the most.

Like- Humbuckers, nice neck, Silver finish, Gibralter bridge.
Dislike- 22 frets, bridge pickup.

Now for my Squier Strat.

Like- Feel of the neck, my black-on-red set-up, stays in tune very well (I can actually go a few days without tuning and be just fine).

Dislike- the SC's are very noisy (eventually will replace), 21 frets, tremolo bridge.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
I have an Ibanez GIO with a shitty Ibanez GTA10 amp. Can't exactly say I like it but I'm still a n00b.
I love my Peavey Vypyr to bits, really really amazing practise amp.
Gotta give love to my washburn X40 as well, real sleek action perfect for soloing and bright H-S-H config
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Currently loving my S7420.

Pros
- 7 strings
- very thin neck
- 24 very big frets
- ZR trem w/ZPS
- sexy thin shape

cons
- not the greatest stock pickups ever
- feels odd to play a strat shape after playing a V for so long
- ZR (while the ZPS is on) seems to have quite a small range. Small price to pay though
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
My USA standard Fender strat, its the best instrument in my mind, for anything, period. I absolutely love everything about it, they got it right in the design back in the 50's and I played a few strats but there is literally something about this I can't put my finger on... I guess whomever made it must have been having a really good day haha.
I like my Jackson Kelly for shred and heavy riffs but unfortunately it won't stay in tune long :/.
I'm looking for a les paul at some point because I'm currently loving the big old school sound my friend gets out of his traditional LP, so we shall see :P
I love guitars period,
a friend of mine said that guitars are like guns, I only ever need one but I want more and more (Y)
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
I have a Vintage VS6 and a Dean MLX, and I love them both very much and am probably the only person on earth who finds Strats uncomfortable and MLs to be immensely uncomfortable. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Ive had my custom ibanez seven for seven years now, through all kinds of beatings and shows, and its still my main guitar, although it may change with my new Intreprid eight string.
The neck, it feels like a well worn sneaker to your hands.
The pickups, Duncans, give me all the clarity i could ask for.
The tuners, goes for months without slipping even slightly.

Dislikes:
The damage its taken, its been dropped, backed over, knocked, scraped, and even caught fire once, but its still in one piece
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmumyjj2wm
I have an Epi LP standard. I'm gonna swap the tuners for some Gotoh Keystones I have lying around and add a Kahler at some point. I've already swapped the pickups for a Dimarzio D-Sonic and a Duncan '59.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
2007 Caparison Horus. I love it.

Pros: Sleek, incredibly comfortable, looks great, good weight, 27 frets, pretty versatile, Schaller Floyd <3

Cons: Bolt-on neck, no tone knob(s), no pickup toggle (you change pickups by pulling the volume knob) and that bugs me 'cause I can't change p'ups quick
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

I have my RG370dx as my main guitar, although I have been using my GAX70 more often recently for different tunings. I've really been wanting a PRS lately, and I was thinking maybe the Paul Allender sig.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
At first I was going to make a snarky reply about this being an obnoxiously meta thread, but sod it. I've got to kill some time and writing up a run-down will kill some.

Epiphone Joe Perry Les Paul:
+ The best neck contour I've ever used.
+ Genuinely faultless construction.
+ One of the last MIK Epis, so higher wood quality than the current Epis.
+ Gibson pickups and Kluson tuners as stock.
+ Started my addiction with two humbuckers wired out of phase.
- Being a Les Paul, the higher fret access could be a little better.
- I find 25.5" scale suits me better than 24.75" scale.

Heavily modified Epiphone Firebird Studio Limited Edition:
+ Looks incredible.
+ Great sustain for such a cheap guitar.
+ I have a man-crush on Dave Grohl.
+ The best stock control pots I've ever found.
+ Surprisingly great stock pickups.
+ Done some pretty special wiring so I can get variable out of phase tones in the middle position.
- Painfully neck-heavy. Had to drill holes in the back and put the strap buttons in bizarre places to get it to balance.
- Stock hardware blew.
- A little sad to replace the stock pickups, but I was set on gold hardware.

LTD H-1001:
+ Active pickups really are a genious invention.
+ Flawless fret access.
+ The compensated nut is so good I've put one on all of my guitars now.
- The finish is pointlessly thick.
- I would rather it had 22 frets and the neck pickup was in the normal position.
- Master tone controls are utterly pointless.
- A few finish flaws, especially around the binding.
- Abalone binding is terribly tacky.

Modified LTD SA-2:
+ The back of the neck feels fantastic.
+ Looks great.
- Made of cheap basswood.
- Routing is so dodgy they've left it almost entirely hollow.

Heavily modified Fender MIM Strat:
+ One of the best Strats I've ever gotten my hands on.
- I had to change literally every single piece of it other than the body core and neck core to get it to a point where I was happy with it.

Warmoth Thinline Telecaster Custom:
+ The exact spec I asked for.
+ Perfectly replicates Paramore's most recent tone, which is what I built it for.
- I kind of ballsed up the wiring so it has terrible grounding issues
- Nobody warned me that vintage Tele bridges are a bitch to intonate so now I've got to replace that.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I've got a JamMate UG-1 which was my first

Pros: Fast neck, looks awesome, bridge pickup, USB guitar
Cons: Massive ding on the back, tuners are pieces of crap, neck pickup is awful

Then my Charvel San Dimas:

Pros: GREEN! Amazing compound radius neck, double locking Floyd Rose, Seymour Duncans, chick magnet
Cons: Absolutely none
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
I play a Gretsch G5120. It's a very comfortable guitar, especially for fingerstyle, with hands-down one of the best necks I've ever played. It also has a great sound, I'd say somewhere between an ES-335 and the classic Gretsch twang, and not to mention it looks damn sexy.

I play it through a cheap old solid-state amp, because that's what I have, and unlike most cheap ones today it's not a modeling amp (read: it has exactly one tone, doesn't sound half bad, and has sane controls). It's right now strung with 13's, tuned to E; I hate light gauges.

The one thing I truly don't like is restringing the Bigsby, because the end loops don't stay wrapped around. Even then, it was by far the easiest restringing job I've done except maybe for my bass.

There's also the Seagull Coastline S12, my favorite guitar. It's a cedar-topped acoustic 12-string with a fat neck and an incredible sound. It's my main recording guitar, though recordings hardly do it justice, and the one I write most of my original songs on. I've had it a little over a year, though it feels like a lifetime; I've beat it to hell and back, but it still looks and sounds like it did the day I bought it. The thing's so perfect, it almost scares me.

My main instrument, and favorite overall, is an Olympia OB-3CE acoustic bass guitar. It was quite a lucky find, and just getting it home (we got it on the way back from vacation) was an adventure in itself. It's feedback-prone, perpetually out of tune, and has cheap electronics, terrible string balance, and dubious intonation the best of days. It's such a perfect match for me, I wouldn't have it any other way. Literally nobody else I know can control it; on the other hand, I'm so used to its quirks, I almost couldn't play anything else.

I need to do more with my vintage Martin ukulele; it's so fun to play, but it's really too nice an instrument for me. It was originally my great-grandfather's, along with the infamous Yamaha PSS-170 keyboard featured in many of my profile recordings. As you may have guessed, these are the instruments that inspired my current sig.

I have a few others, but they aren't nearly as interesting. Well, I'd like to do more with my Martin Backpacker -- it's a great little guitar that can get some neat sounds for studio work. But eh, I talk too much about my stuff already.
1963 Gibson SG Standard, owned this guitar for 23 years and always remembered how easy it was to play in the store. I just love the sound this thing, the neck and of course the excellent upper fret access.

Gibson SG Classic, bought this one earlier this year, same reasons as the other SG. I also bought this to use more, instead of using the older one for everyday use.

Fender MIM Strat, bought this a few weeks ago, not a massive fan of fender guitars in general, I love the sound too much though. Plus I need it for some songs in the band.
88 FENDER STRATOCASTER PLUS great guitar the roller nut and locking tuners really help keep it in tune. really like the lace sensor pickups however i plan to replace the neck pup with a silver as the gold one currently in it isn't ballsy enough when i solo.

VINEYARD, STRAT-STYLE copy guitar and honestly my fav. made of basswood with a flame maple veneer top so it's not as authentically strat sounding as it could be. stock pickups are very ballsy for single coils (but not noise cancelling) however they do suffer from noise in high gain stuations. despite being a chinese made low end guitar it plays and sounds fantastic. the company is a small one and only makes guitars for one american distributer. seems like a great deal of care is put into the ones i've tried so far with none of the quality issues associated with cheaper asian guitars.

SQUIER ESPRIT this is the low end version of the Robben Ford sig guitar that fender made in the 80s-90s. all mahogany and chambered, with humbuckers. great sounding guitar that falls between an es -335 and a Les Paul.

i totally overhauled my set up within the last 2 1/2 years. went from mainly superstrats with floyds and other humbucker equiped guitars to regular strats with single coils and non locking trems. the Esprit is my only humbucker guitar but isn't a shred machine and has no trem. pretty much decided to go in a differnet direction that bettr suited my playing style (despite years of trying to be something i really wasn't).
I use a schecter c-1 hellraiser and its really good.
Pros: Coil tap, EMG humbuckers, 24 frets, like the finish and painted neck, locking tuners, i liked the thickness of the neck, inlays are nice
Cons: for some reason, when i tap, the sound is very faint but it may be my amp (i've only had one amp so i have nothing to compare it to)

i forgot to mention that i put strap locks on my guitar but they have to be tightened every day
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Last edited by OliOsbourne at Aug 10, 2010,
Edwards Horizon III
+It's an H-III
+I love the access and the feel of the neck
+ Seymour duncan jazz and custom 5 pups stock with coil tap
+ Didn't break the bank when buying used
- stock strap pins were utter shite
- ended up blocking my floyd

Epiphone G-400
+ Favorite classic shape
+ Good fret access
+ great stock tuners
+ I love TOMs
- uncomfortable neck feel
- neck diiiiiiiiive
- crappy stock pickups
- faulty wiring
I'll list my three electrics.
Squier jagmaster
Likes: perfect neck size, great shape, smoother action than on any other guitar I've ever owned.
Dislikes: Strat bridge system, tone pot is practically useless, awkward switch location

SX SJM-62
Likes: Great neck, beautiful sounding pups, jazzmaster trem
Dislikes: Heavy, placement of volume knob

Fretless SG copy
Dislikes: jumps in volume every once in a while, sore fingertips from rubbing against wood constantly, neck heavy
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Fretless SG copy
Dislikes: jumps in volume every once in a while, sore fingertips from rubbing against wood constantly, neck heavy

If it's not too much to ask can you post pictures of that guitar? I am wondering what a fretless neck would look like.
Quote by perfectchaos23
If it's not too much to ask can you post pictures of that guitar? I am wondering what a fretless neck would look like.

Just so you know I had to pull the frets myself, so this isn't the best example of how one would be if it was a factory job. It still has a great feel though.

Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I got a Epiphone Les Paul Special II.

It's my first and only guitar. I hear people say it's shit but i wouldn't know since it's the only I've played really. I'm currently wondering what to do with it. Won't be worth much to sell but it might beome useless once I get better guitars. :/

I'm thinking of making it a fretless guitar eventually but not sure if worth it.
In february i bought a jackson dk2. i've had issues with repairs and than the repairsmen damaging it so the finish had to be repaired, me being away and just getting used to finetuning a floyd. i now believe the neck angle is slightly off. It's a love/hate relationship. but im getting there
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
I have an Ibanez S370

+Wizard 2 neck is great
+very light weight
+pickups has high output which can scream
-lack sustain but it is a given
-hardware could be improved

Dean MKH
+ Awesome paint job
+Neck pickup has a great clean sounds
+ No tone knob
+ Stay in tune well
+ Nice neck, which some of the neck joint cut of for easy access to the higher frets
+ Fret board looks sweet
- Terrible bridge pickup
- Attrocious setup when i first recieved it.
- Jack input always becomes loose
- Tone is Mehish. It isnt memorable.

Overall, its a bad tasting wedding cake. Looks nice, but generally not a good guitar when stock.
Gear:
Ibanez S370
Dean MKH
Boss ME-70
Spider III 30... Yes i want a new amp, just have never got round to it....
i bought a cheap guitar . les paul type body ......
put in dimarzios, changed the strings for the fattest i could find.
tuned it down 2 steps......and it sounds heavy as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

however, the playability/fret aint all that good ...but then again it was a crappy guitar.its only good for rythym and stuff like that
I guess I'll bite the bullet

I'm playing my 1980 Dean Z Standard again. This guitar has got all the characters of any vintage 'mojo' guitars including tuning stability (I.E. poor one ). Pickups are microphonic, but they sing in such a way that I just can't swap them out. The neck is beefy, fills up a hand nicely.

Only problem with it is the tuning issues, but I'm not complaining much. I can't wait to have money, I want to restore it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
How about this becomes the EG Chat thread? There's a GB&C chat thread for the regulars there so why not an EG one? Anyway...

I also have a couple of guitars I've built. They didn't turn out exactly how I wanted though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
How about this becomes the EG Chat thread? There's a GB&C chat thread for the regulars there so why not an EG one? Anyway...

I also have a couple of guitars I've built. They didn't turn out exactly how I wanted though.

You may be on to something...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Well, my Squier is the only electric guitar I own, was my first electric guitar, I've put over $800 in mods into it and it is now a worthy guitar, as it will melt your face off due to the Barenuckle pickups in it.

Pros:
Nice thin neck, very similar to a Ibanez Wizard type neck.
Neck is very strong, I swear it has a piece of re-bar for a truss rod.
Heavy body of solid Alder, it's thinner than a normal strat, but still heavy as heck.
Poly finish, some people don't like the poly finish, but at least I don't have to worry about scratches.
Pickups are the best out there, Painkiller in the bridge, Trilogy Suites in the middle and neck

Cons:
Has a slight warp in the fretboard near the 17th-21st frets, ground down the frets to compensate.
Never been able to get a good lead tone from it, just doesn't like to play lead.

That's about it, never really had a problem with it, despite how rough I treat it, it's survived 2 years of solid gigging every Monday and Wednesday.
I play an older Schecter Omen-6 (before Schecter started spiking their prices). I used to despise the guitar (because it was a starter guitar :P) but I eventually grew to love it, because she's practically invincible.

Pros:
- Basswood body
- SD Invader in the bridge (makes it SCREAM)
- Graphtech bridge w/ Tusq nut saddles (improves sustain, makes breaking strings virtually impossible)
- Great neck
- Impervious to damage for some reason (I've lifted it into ceiling fans [and it still held tuning], bashed it against car bumpers, dropped it on concrete, and had a few idiots try and hold a guitar and fail...she still survives )

Cons:
- It's black. It is IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean. You can spot every fingerprint, every spec of pick dust, every little smudge perfectly with a light shining on it. :/
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top. Plays beautifully. Sounds amazing. 22 frets with a mahogany body. So nice
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Lefty
-Epiphone Les Paul Special II Lefty, name's Sonny =)
-Danelectro CM-1 Metal Pedal
-Danelectro CC-1 Chorus Pedal

I've been playing since Summer '09
Page 1 of 2