Page 1 of 3
Searched and couldnt find.

I know YMAS wouldnt be to alot of your tastes on here, but what do you guys think of them?
I personally really like them.
Hold Me Down is a damn powerful album. I saw them in March on the tour for that album, and they were pretty damn awesome!
I quite like a lot of their songs, was going to see 'em in December but I haven't got the money for the tickets unfortunately
£19 for this band it NOT reasonable...

OT: I don't think much of them. Used to play a bunch of their songs in a disaster of a band I was in. They can write a decent pop song, and I like their first EP (the one with "New Jersey" on it) quite a lot. But there's something about their sound that really annoys me. And their fan base is....eugh.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
£19 for this band it NOT reasonable...

OT: I don't think much of them. Used to play a bunch of their songs in a disaster of a band I was in. They can write a decent pop song, and I like their first EP (the one with "New Jersey" on it) quite a lot. But there's something about their sound that really annoys me. And their fan base is....eugh.

19 for any band is reasonable.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
19 for any band is reasonable.

In your currency maybe, I dunno what the rate between pounds and Canadian dollars is.

But I would feel very out of pocket if I paid £19 to see You Me At Six.
Quote by asator
In your currency maybe, I dunno what the rate between pounds and Canadian dollars is.

But I would feel very out of pocket if I paid £19 to see You Me At Six.

With the current exchange rate...in Canadian currency £19 would be equal around 31 and in US Currency around $33.

I personally wouldn't pay $33 to see one band, I think that's pushing it but then again it would depend on how much I like the band. A friend of mine paid over $100 at the beginning of the year for AC/DC tickets. For a ticket just to see these guys no..... even though I am a fan.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
No, you should be willing to pay $33 to see any band. You steal their music, the least you could do is actually go to a show and make sure they have enough gas money to make their next gig.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
No, you should be willing to pay $33 to see any band. You steal their music, the least you could do is actually go to a show and make sure they have enough gas money to make their next gig.

When did I say I've ever stolen their music?

(I have, but that's beside the point - I deleted it again exceot the one EP I actually like, and I couldn't buy that if I wanted to)

And these guys don't struggle to get around the country, they're probably minted - they have 2 hugely sucessful records and 2 clothing lines (not counting actual band merch) between them, and are massively popular. And I'm not going to see a band I don't like.

The sort of bands I go see to support them like that are generally the bands on an EP or their first album that play gigs in small venues for £3. And I generally would enjoy their music a lot more than this band.
I'm just being dickish. I didn't mean this band in particular, It just pisses me off when I see people complaining about ticket prices for a band they "love" when they're under $40, but they have no problem spending that much on a movie ticket + snacks.

Apparently they love churned out Hollywood bullshit more that their "favourite bands."
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
I'm just being dickish. I didn't mean this band in particular, It just pisses me off when I see people complaining about ticket prices for a band they "love" when they're under $40, but they have no problem spending that much on a movie ticket + snacks.

Apparently they love churned out Hollywood bullshit more that their "favourite bands."

Oh right. I agree then. If it was a band I liked enough to merit that price then of course I'd pay 20 quid to see them.

And yeah, people like that piss me off in the same way as people that get all hyped up for shows and make a huge deal about it then turn up and stand at the back hiding in a corner doing nothing and looking miserable then brag afterwards about how great a show it was and how involved they were and...

/rant
Quote by nashawa

$40 for a movie + snacks? Now that's ridiculous.

I don't complain about the price of concert tickets and I don't steal music. I personally wouldn't buy a ticket to see a band I'm not a huge fan of, no matter the price. If I only enjoy a a few of their songs what's the use in paying money to see them preform their songs you don't like/listen to?

Quote by asator
And yeah, people like that piss me off in the same way as people that get all hyped up for shows and make a huge deal about it then turn up and stand at the back hiding in a corner doing nothing and looking miserable then brag afterwards about how great a show it was and how involved they were and...

/rant

People like that piss me off as well. The last local show I went to there were kids in the back like that just standing there texting on their phones. and after the show they were talking about how much they got into the music and moshed.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Last edited by offthewall91 at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by offthewall91
$40 for a movie + snacks? Now that's ridiculous.

I don't complain about the price of concert tickets and I don't steal music. I personally wouldn't buy a ticket to see a band I'm not a huge fan of, no matter the price. If I only enjoy a a few of their songs what's the use in paying money to see them preform their songs you don't like/listen to?

Depends. I just like being at good shows in general, even if I don't know the songs. And it can get you more into the stuff you don't know, since you can't skip a song or whatever.

And it's totally brewtul to destroy noobs in teh pit ololol
Quote by asator
Depends. I just like being at good shows in general, even if I don't know the songs. And it can get you more into the stuff you don't know, since you can't skip a song or whatever.

And it's totally brewtul to destroy noobs in teh pit ololol

You have a point there but where I live, the closest concerts ( that aren't local bands) are at the very least a 2 hour drive away. So when I go to a concert, I usually only go to bands I listen to on a daily basis. I would be out quite a bit of money if I paid $33 or more for a ticket drove two hours or more to the venue and then end up not liking the band other than a few songs.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Last edited by offthewall91 at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by offthewall91
I personally wouldn't pay $33 to see one band, I think that's pushing it but then again it would depend on how much I like the band.

At the show I went to in March, they were supported by Canterbury.
Canterbury are now one of my favourite bands, but i dont think it would be to anyone's taste here.

Click to hear their song "Gloria"

And £19 is very a decent price for anyband I think.

Im seeing blink on the 31st of august. £45 for the ticket.
Its worth every penny, but I love seeing new bands that i love that dont cost so much too!
Quote by Seanog182
Canterbury are now one of my favourite bands, but i dont think it would be to anyone's taste here.

Its worth every penny, but I love seeing new bands that i love that dont cost so much too!

I love Canterbury, and they're great live.

I'm also going to Blink.

EDIT: I should read the more recent posts before replying to an older one. MAH BAD BRAH.
Quote by Seanog182

Yeah, it's a pretty fair price for a concert ticket. And I've heard of Canterbury and I like them pretty well. I would have paid to see that show.

I'm catching the Honda Civic Tour the 21st with a friend of mine in Nashville and tickets to that were $43 with tax and everything. That's a good price for 3 bands I listen to on a day to day basis and the other band....I guess I'll form an opinion
when I see them play.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by asator
I love Canterbury, and they're great live.

Big up Canterbury (and Lower Than Atlantis).
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut

Quote by the_astronaut

Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by Seanog182
Whos on the civic tour this year?
Is it Paramore NFG and Tegan and Sara?

A band called Kadawatha is opening, then NFG plays,then Tegan and Sara and paramore plays last. Kadawatha is the band I've never really heard of have any of you guys?
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

I love YMA6, i really like their sound and the singer (josh)'s voice.

good shit
Too lazy to come up with a clever or relevant sig.
Josh is being featured on Bring Me The Horizon's new album. This should be a good laugh
Quote by asator
Josh is being featured on Bring Me The Horizon's new album. This should be a good laugh

I dont know if it will be as bad as that....he does have that ability to get his voice into a gruff yet light growl, which ill assume will be put to use.
Quote by PCADriven
I dont know if it will be as bad as that....he does have that ability to get his voice into a gruff yet light growl, which ill assume will be put to use.

What would be the point in that? He'll sing.

He's technically been featured on Architects' last album, but that was group vocals, so...
All these TOPMAN walking wardrobe bands should just make one big band, they all sound similar as it is.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Quote by asator
What would be the point in that? He'll sing.

He's technically been featured on Architects' last album, but that was group vocals, so...

Well i was just thinking about BMTH's style of music, ie screamo, and that was the first thing that popped into my head about how he could compliment it.
Quote by PCADriven
Well i was just thinking about BMTH's style of music, ie screamo.

Must... resist.... creating shitstorm....
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Must... resist.... creating shitstorm....

Incidently, i think thats a good description of BMTH's music!
Quote by StonaLemons
Incidently, i think thats a good description of BMTH's music!

I think guy attempting to scream is an accurate description of their music. But that's just me.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

OhGodOhGodOhGodOhGod

"screamo"?!

Hnnnnnnng..

No, I'm not going to. No. Yes, Bring Me The Horizon definitely play screamo.

Ugh. I'm going home.

Quote by offthewall91
I think guy attempting to scream is an accurate description of their music. But that's just me.

Since I know you and know for sure that you're not an idiot that won't get it, I'll explain Screamo is a real genre that developed from emo and post hardcore. Emo is also a real thing that developed from hardcore, and it does not involve My Chemical Romance

Emo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEPbZYyFtiw

Screamo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfivkS4A1UE

Overrated, trendy attempt at metalcore with breakdowns that gets mislabelled as "deathcore" and "screamo":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWggPLXeOkU

Sorry if I sound patronising, just I get very tired of explaining this on UG
Last edited by asator at Aug 18, 2010,
Quote by asator
OhGodOhGodOhGodOhGod

"screamo"?!

Hnnnnnnng..

No, I'm not going to. No. Yes, Bring Me The Horizon definitely play screamo.

Ugh. I'm going home.

I think you need this.

Quote by asator
Since I know you and know for sure that you're not an idiot that won't get it, I'll explain Screamo is a real genre that developed from emo and post hardcore. Emo is also a real thing that developed from hardcore, and it does not involve My Chemical Romance

Emo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEPbZYyFtiw

Screamo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfivkS4A1UE

Overrated, trendy attempt at metalcore with breakdowns that gets mislabelled as "deathcore" and "screamo":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWggPLXeOkU

Sorry if I sound patronising, just I get very tired of explaining this on UG

why people confuse actual with stuff like BMTH is beyond me.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Last edited by offthewall91 at Aug 18, 2010,
It's as simple as this: screamo doesn't have breakdowns. There, solved the goddamned mystery.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Page 1 of 3