I have reached a dilema I currently used .9 but when i tune to drop d, the low d string is a bit floppy. I was wondering what guage string is the best for both tunings, e and d.
if it's just that bottom string, try some skinny top-heavybottom ernie balls.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by 00mirshahia
I have reached a dilema I currently used .9 but when i tune to drop d, the low d string is a bit floppy. I was wondering what guage string is the best for both tunings, e and d.

Hybrid ernie ball's should do thee trick thats what i use and they havnt let me down yet, it's what they are made for aniwais :P
10-52
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I use 9's on my Tele and down tune to Drop D a lot and I've never had that happen. But like the guys above me said try a set of EB's 10's and see if that helps.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
.010-.046. There

I use 11-49 for standard but that's just me.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you're used to a set of standard .09s, a .46 gauge string is what you want for the 6th string when it is tuned to D. You may find you want a .50 gauge string though, depending on the brand and if the guitar has a straight or angled headstock.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I use 11-54 for standard. I don't tune to drop D though. But I always hear that 11s are good for stuff like D standard, and drop C.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by obeythepenguin
I use .013's for standard; I don't want my strings bending unless it's deliberate.

And how's that workin' out for ya
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
I run Roto Blues 10-52

Good down to drop C depending on your guitar.
My gear:
"The Black Beast" Customised 80s Strat Clone
"Gibsun" Chinese Les Paul Knockoff
ZOOM 707II
1970s Eminar P606 50W + 2x18

KORVINN - My band
Quote by obeythepenguin
It plays like a real guitar, not an expensive pointy toy with pickups

They should cal you the funny man
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms. it'll work miracles.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Back when I used to use Ernie balls, i found this really interesting set they sold. I think it's something like Hybrid or something. The E, B, and G are the gauge of 09s set, and the E, A, and D are the gauge of a 10's set. I would check that out
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by obeythepenguin
I use .013's for standard; I don't want my strings bending unless it's deliberate.

for me, .13-56 for standard, .14's for Eb, and thicker for dropped tunings like B and G
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
i started using earnie ball skinny top - heavy bottoms, good heavy/thick sound for riffing, but light top strings for soloing
Last edited by CreepingDeath13 at Aug 13, 2010,