I decided to film myself playing... to watch and see things I'm doing that I don't notice while playing.... plus I REALLY just wanted to cover a Dream Theater song, and finally have a worthwhile video on my youtube account, haha.

I've been playing about 5 years, and I think I should be way better than I am, so I'm looking for crits, how I can improve, what I'm doing wrong, what I can do to play better, etc. Though, I did just learn the song like yesterday...

Thanks for watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HgbxH-GtIE
(it's black at first, but it fades in after awhile)
Quote by Ignite
I've been playing about 5 years, and I think I should be way better than I am

ARE YOU CRAZY?

That was... simply flawless. Not only could you play every note, you played perfectly in time with the band (good job finding a backing track by the way, when people just play over the normal track it's hard to hear the player over the original), which is a skill that can take a long time to develop.

Nothing out of place here, don't know what other kind of crit you're looking for...
I echo the above sentiments, pretty freakin' spotless cover dude, if I had to pick at something I'd say you should pick with a little more authority if you know what I mean but that's a tiny little niggle in an otherwise pretty damn perfect performance.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.