Hey guys. Just wondering your opinion. As a hobby I make video games for computer and ipod touch. But I wanted to try making one that wasn't a game.

So I made an app where you can import your m4a's and mp3's from itunes or whatever and then play them back while kind of shaking/tilting the phone to make a whammy effect where it'll go really high pitched and then low pitched. You can also do it with your own recordings ie guitar or voice. Its actually pretty funny. I thought it'd do well, But my sales have been kinda weak for its first day out. So do you guys think the idea is cool or lame?
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Probably won't sell well.

It's pretty neat but yeah.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I think it's a pretty cool idea, and I think it's awesome that you took the time to engineer that, but I wouldn't use it to be honest.
Not very useful but kind of cool.

Maybe if you got it to play MIDI files slower or faster, then guitarists could learn songs slow and then speed it up as they get better.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
It sounds pretty cool. There is alot of much more useless apps than that. Also I thought you could already make a whammy/wah effect by moving the ipod closer and farther from your mouth?
Not really that useful, but novelty stuff like that seems to be pretty popular on the iphone/itouch. Sounds better than the vuvuzela app I still have...
I appreciate the honesty. I'd think the same way but there are some reallllly lame ass apps out there that make alot of money and do far less than this one. No rhyme or reason it seems.

If anyone wants to try it out and let me know what you think, I'll give a free copy. It works best if you have an iphone 3gs (or higher) or an ipod touch (32 gb and up), hit me up and I'll send out a promo code. I'll only give out 1 on here though. It still works on the older ipods but importing will be really slow.

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Last edited by mlfarrell at Aug 10, 2010,
Just curious, how exactly do you go about making these? Like what programs, and process you use.
I have a much more limited free version coming later which can't import (only records your own clips) and has ads in it. Its waiting for review

@SWAS, you write them and design them using Xcode under mac and the objective-C programming language.

also, I got a youtube clip of the app in action here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_qdjpIAhkM
I used it with songs I don't like lol, so I wouldn't feel bad defacing them :-p

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Quote by mlfarrell

If anyone wants to try it out and let me know what you think, I'll give a free copy (just pm me first). It works best if you have an iphone 3gs (or higher) or an ipod touch (32 gb and up), hit me up and I'll send out a promo code. I'll only give out 1 on here though. It still works on the older ipods but importing will be really slow.

I'd try it out but i still only have the iPhone 2g. Nothing new seems to work right now it...
Quote by KeepOnRotting
Lame. Sorry.

Lame is the new cool.
Sounds cool man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by mlfarrell
I appreciate the honesty. I'd think the same way but there are some reallllly lame ass apps out there that make alot of money and do far less than this one. No rhyme or reason it seems.

If anyone wants to try it out and let me know what you think, I'll give a free copy (just pm me first). It works best if you have an iphone 3gs (or higher) or an ipod touch (32 gb and up), hit me up and I'll send out a promo code. I'll only give out 1 on here though. It still works on the older ipods but importing will be really slow.

You should make it for the Droid market.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I would have made it for the droid market but droid makes me use java which in my opinion is a really crappy language for making games and or fast-paced apps.

Here's a free promo code for whoever wants to download it and try it out. Fair warning that it may run wierd or slower on the older phones/ipods. Use this by going to "redeem" under the app store at the bottom

LMRPKNX4Y4NF

I wanted to post more codes also but I made the mistake of putting them up on promo dispenser which won't give them back to me... bastids..

thanks for all the input guys!

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
I just downloaded and tested out the recording function. The movement controls seem to work well, but the volume seems really low. Could just be my phone, though.
looks like a laugh... but i find no use for it... my iphone has no music on it... spotify premium.. all music is streamed
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by happytimeharry
I just downloaded and tested out the recording function. The movement controls seem to work well, but the volume seems really low. Could just be my phone, though.

thanks man. some ipod touches has a low recording volume since it needs a mic (or if not it has a crappy built in one). I may add a normalize (volume boost) to a later update.

Also please feel free to give it a rating on the app store thingy. I really appreciate you taking the time to check it out.

To the other guy, you actually don't use your ipod touch library because apple won't let you fool with those tracks, it has its own library that you upload your mp3's into. Its like those other apps where you go to your iphone from your computer (like 192.168.1.10x) and upload files to it. It'll convert your songs to small wav files (few megs a piece) that can be played back with all the crazy effects.

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Quote by mlfarrell

To the other guy, you actually don't use your ipod touch library because apple won't let you fool with those tracks, it has its own library that you upload your mp3's into. Its like those other apps where you go to your iphone from your computer (like 192.168.1.10x) and upload files to it. It'll convert your songs to small wav files (few megs a piece) that can be played back with all the crazy effects.

i don't actually have any music files.. all my music is streamed... £9.99 a month. frees up however manu Gb 14937 tracks takes up
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Gyroscope

Maybe if you got it to play MIDI files slower or faster, then guitarists could learn songs slow and then speed it up as they get better.

you should definitely do this just don't change the pitch or anything.
I'd download it but get bored after five minutes, wondering why I initially decided to get it.
Quote by TrustMeWhenISay
you should definitely do this just don't change the pitch or anything.

I had this idea while back. Since tuxguitar is open source you could /technically/ implement it yourself on iphone and charge but I figured that is a really crappy thing to do, profiting on someone elses work. Either way, someone already did it and its on the app store. I don't remember its name but it looked pretty awesome.

Also
Motion Player = 2 days of work
Midi player = god knows how much, at least 40 hours...

Sofar I have about 6 apps on the store and the only ones to make me any decent amount of money was afterwing 3d and tube tennis. both have made me about $100 bucks. Totally not worth it in retrospect (I worked pretty hard on afterwing), but glad to have the money. Plus both are still selling a little each week.

It sounds like you'd all be down to check out the free version when its ready though, so I may revive this thread when the time comes. Also I got a totally free game demo (with no ads) called "afterwing lite" available now. But it does nag you about the full version when you die lol

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112