Hey guys... I wore a stupid shirt with beads on it... and then I was playing my guitar... and then when I was done... I noticed that the part where my guitar was up against the shirt... has the paint scratched off... (DUMB SHIRT!!!) I can see the wood... is that okay? or will my wood die?
Quote from TGM "We're all musicians, we should protect our ears like we protect our dicks."
Yes, your wood will shrivel up and implode on itself.

Come on TS, what do you think? If you chip your table or your bookshelf, does it collapse on itself or start rotting?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

Noooo! Not his wood!

Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

Quote by Offworld92

Your guitar will be fine. That's commonly called buckle rash (though properly speaking, buckle rash is caused by belt buckles, not shirts). It's kind of ugly but it's no big deal... unless it's like a Gibson Custom Shop showpiece that you were intending to resell or something.
TS, you should see my guitars. There's chips in both of them. Yeah, they look ugly. But they still sound great. Chips and dents, etc. look bad, but they don't do much to affect your guitar's tone or whatever. Just the resale value.
Quote by Flying Couch

Your guitar will be fine. That's commonly called buckle rash (though properly speaking, buckle rash is caused by belt buckles, not shirts). It's kind of ugly but it's no big deal... unless it's like a Gibson Custom Shop showpiece that you were intending to resell or something.

Sorry guys ;//... this is the first time it happened... usually I'm super duper careful! Anyways... I don't know a lot about wood :S if it is common knowledge... I guess it isn't so common ;( sorry.

Anyways ;D Thanks guys at least I know the wood is safe YAY!, anyways... sorta gives it a John Frusciante look.

EDIT: Never going to resale my guitars so it's all good.
Quote from TGM "We're all musicians, we should protect our ears like we protect our dicks."
Last edited by NecroticSoldier at Aug 10, 2010,
Ask Rory Gallagher. He sweated so much on his guitar it took like 90% of the paint off over the years, and it looks bad ass.
Quote by colgo889
Ask Rory Gallagher. He sweated so much on his guitar it took like 90% of the paint off over the years, and it looks bad ass.

I don't know who he is ;/... but it indeed does sound bad ass.

Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
You wore a shirt with beads on it?

Flaws on your guitar just gives it more character.... you personalized it!

Yes... I did wear a shirt with beads... I didn't know... :S random shirts I bought in asia this summer.

YEAH ;D MY GUITAR! Hope my skill can reflect the wear.
Quote by NecroticSoldier
Hey guys... I wore a stupid shirt with beads on it... and then I was playing my guitar... and then when I was done... I noticed that the part where my guitar was up against the shirt... has the paint scratched off... (DUMB SHIRT!!!) I can see the wood... is that okay? or will my wood die?

Its road worn! Theyre worth more ;o