Any of you guys keep one?

I keep a journal, which is basically dreams I have (literally dreams I have at night, not "I want to to be a firefighter one day" dreams) and various thoughts I have throughout the day.

FYI;
Journal = Observations, reflections, philosophical musings, etc.

Diary = A recollection of the previous days events.
Diaries are for six year old girls. Journals are for the greatest of all men.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Diaries are for six year old girls. Journals are for the greatest of all men.

Especially journals with unicorns on the front.

OT: I've thought about keeping a dream journal, because I heard it helps with lucid dreaming, I just keep forgetting to do it.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Especially journals with unicorns on the front.

Honestly, I've thought about keeping a dream journal, because I heard it helps with lucid dreaming, I just keep forgetting to do it.

Yes, because unicorns can be found under double rainbows.
I blog. According to your definitions, it functions as both. A journalry, if you will.
I've always felt written words were too inadequate in describing the things I want to convey.
I wish I had enough patience to keep a dream log, I really admire you for that. it's something I've always wanted to do and just never stuck with.

I have a blogspot I dont tell anyone about and I kept various diaries when I was younger but nothing consistent. I think we all had a xanga at some point and time too. mainly I just post poetry on the s&l forum here or in my blogspot if I want to keep track of it
I do keep a little notepad in my purse though when little things pop up, like a line or two that I like and want to remember or, as a good number of pages are dedicated to, sudden epiphanies
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Meh, I thought about starting a dream journal but, on the rare occasions I remember what I just dreamt, I only remember little, senseless bits of it so I have deemed it pointless.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
I blog but not seriously. I post the odd annoyance or point I want to make on he likes of twitter, tumblr, ug blogs or in a facebook note depending on subject.

I keep a dream blog though, for the more cracky dreams.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by paquiquinho
Meh, I thought about starting a dream journal but, on the rare occasions I remember what I just dreamt, I only remember little, senseless bits of it so I have deemed it pointless.

If you write the moment you wake up, you'd be surprised with what you remember.
Quote by genghisgandhi
If you write the moment you wake up, you'd be surprised with what you remember.

Truth.
I write it physically in a little notebook as soon as I wake up, then put it in the blog whenever I feel like it.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I started one yesterday, actually. Gonna write in it right now.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Truth.
I write it physically in a little notebook as soon as I wake up, then put it in the blog whenever I feel like it.

I'd love to do this. Even set out a notebook + pencil to do so at one point.

The problem is that I'm a fairly bad person in terms of mood/motivation in the morning. I can go to bed thinking it'll be a great idea to write down dreams, but when I wake up it just seems ridiculous. By the time I'm back at the level where it seems like a fairly fun idea, I've forgotten everything.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
I've got somewhere around 30 notebooks laying around my room/house filled with pages upon pages of a combination of school notes, dream writings, lyrics, poetry, doodles, silly things, and high/tripping ramblings/scribbles.

If it was a little more structured, I'd call it a journal of sorts.
I keep a dream journal and a acid journal.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Aug 10, 2010,
I've thought about keeping one, just to keep myself sane. I may start a typed one when I get a laptop this week. I can't be bothered to write one.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I actually don't feel like remembering most of my dreams. They're just weird. As for philosophical musings...I have a ton of those. I usually have so many that very few of them stand out anymore. I plan to write a philosophy book someday though.
I've had a dream journal for a long time now. It's actually pretty entertaining to go back and read the dreams I had when I was little - I have about 6 entries where I was being eaten by a pizza.

Other than that, I have a journal. But I use mostly to write stuff down that I need to remember since I have a really bad memory.
cat
I've thought about having a weekly blog diary here, but I don't think anyone would care
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I'm starting one tomorrow coz I move to Australia. I figure it'll be a good way for me to keep sane, but also somewhere I can comment on life and various things.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I keep an electronic dream journal.
And occasionally, I write about everyday events. Those are usually more like real-life inspired, uneventful short stories than a journal, though.
I used to keep a dream Journal to aid dream recollection and for a while, it was going great: I was able to vividly remember my dreams almost every night.

BUT!

All of a sudden I went through a period of about a month and a half where I could not remember a single detail of any dream I would have. When I started remembering them again, I just sort of forgot to get up and running again.

It blows but I think I will start again tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.
Quote by guitarxo
I've had a dream journal for a long time now. It's actually pretty entertaining to go back and read the dreams I had when I was little - I have about 6 entries where I was being eaten by a pizza.

FOOD EATS PEOPLE!
E-cookie if you get reference.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I use a sketchbook as a journal, and I write in it pretty frequently. I've found that I'm much better about returning to a journal if there aren't ruled lines on the pages. This way, I can write big or small, straight or horizontal, sketch, write poetry and musings without any restrictions.

I am, I am, I am.
I do occasionally but I seem like a sociopath every time I re-read previous entries, and I'm like 'lol WTF was I thinking' then write something as equally demented without realizing it at the time.
lol guitar
I did for a long time when I used to do poetry readings. Then poetry got all "SLAM!!" and I was never into pseudo-rapping for some kind of Olympics-style judging process.

Just get together with some highly intelligent/marginally psychotic people and get extremely drunk.

I would also write philosophical type stuff, but it always seemed really pointless and stupid when I went back and re-read it.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."