I'm thinking about getting a Mexican-made Stratocaster, but i've heard some bad things about Mexican strats such as low quality machine heads and fret wires. I don't want to have to upgrade it too much. I'm pretty happy with the Mexican pickups.
Please give me your opinion of Mexican Fenders and some of the pros and cons.
Good bang for the buck, but kind of a hit or miss thing. Make sure you try them out before you buy one.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

love mine. its older though 2001 I believe from serial numbers, it can be a little muddy sometimes, but thats all in the pickups, other than that, a good setup should make it a very good mid level guitar.
I'm completely happy with mine, no issues what so ever.

You really might want to look into replacing the pickups though, not the best.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Love em, great guitars for the cost, if you buy them used. I like the older ones better though
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Mine rocks. Great guitar once its setup
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Mine is great! I am in the process of waiting on some vintage-grade springs to put in the tremolo, but it stays in tune pretty well, and sounds great. Except mine is the Roadhouse, with Texas Specials. I'm sure other Mexi strats are just fine though!
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
I used to own a mexi strat (kinda gutted I got rid of it), one of the nicest guitars I ever played

Neck was fantastic, didn't go out of tune and the pickups were great.

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70