Takamine EG333-C LTD
Went to the ol' guitar store today looking for a nice acoustic. I played a bunch of the guitars they had there, which was a bunch of Deans, Fenders, Takamines, Guilds, and Alvarez guitars. This guitar really stood out above all the others not just aesthetically, but tonally as well. It has a beautiful ash body that is complemented by abalone binding on it, and the back of the neck is flamed. The frets are nice and even. The neck is very comfortable. I am WAY too used to playing electric guitar, so the big dreadnaught body is a little awkward for me, but the low action makes it a little more familiar. The guitar projects sound very nicely. The tone is a warm, mellow, bassy one which can shine and glisten on the upper end. I ended up leaving the store with this guitar, a Fender Super Champ XD, and a new set of Groove power tubes that the nice salesman threw in for free. (I told him my Marshall Class 5 was rattling a bit.) I only intended on getting the acoustic, but you know how you get when you are in a guitar store.

Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
You should have wiped the fingerprints off before photography ensued.

Nevertheless, nice purchases.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I know I should have wiped it down, my camera was dying.

I traded in an old Marshall AVT50 and got this guitar, my amp, and the tubes for $599 + Tax.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Good choice on going with the Takamine. I don't care for Dean or Fender acoustics. They just sound shallow and cheap to me- any one that I've played lacks a good tone. Some Guilds are alright and I've just never liked Alvarez for some reason.
Congrats on your new addition!
I like it. It has some class to it.
I like Takamines, I just recently got to try the Takamine Flatpicker TF360SBG and really liked it. So HNGD.
You will get used to the bulkiness. I have a full sized dreadnought that is not a cutaway and I can manhandle that thing that well now. And when playing my strat, it feels so small lol.

I'm surprised a Fender didn't catch your eye/ear.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

~Leonardo da Vinci
The Fenders were okay. They had one of the old Concords with the Strat style headstock, and I REALLY like those. This one was a little beat up though, and I thought the Takamine was a better deal. The Deans looked fantastic, but didn't play very well. They sounded a little dull. The Alvarez guitars were decent, but most of them were 12 stringers.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2