What kind of personality traits do people need to have, in your opinion, for you to consider them boring?

Just want to see what kind of behavior puts you people to yawn
Edit: inb4 ts is bored
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Last edited by ricanboyguitar at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Lack of humour. In the sense that they don't joke around.

This.

I'd also include "can't take a joke".

I don't really know what else makes someone boring to me, they either are or they aren't.
Quote by Doctor Matthews

Pretty much just this.

Quote by Skully12
Nothing interesting about them IE: No hobbies, not motivated to do things or try new things.

Oh, and that. You'd be surprised how many people I've met, usually around my age or younger, have like, pretty much no hobbies. Oh, and listening to music doesn't count; everyone listens to music. That's like saying your hobbies eating or sleeping.
Last edited by CaptDin at Aug 10, 2010,
Quote by mental_zer0
This.

I'd also include "can't take a joke".

I don't really know what else makes someone boring to me, they either are or they aren't.

What if they can't do funny but can take a joke? Not everyone is witty enough to be funny
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Nothing interesting about them IE: No hobbies, not motivated to do things or try new things.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Repetitive behaviour, narrow interest group, unwillingness to try new things, general lack of interest in complicated issues such as philosophy, religion, politics, etc.
Quote by Doctor Matthews

That and if their sense of humor sucks, and if they don't share at least a few of the same interests as me.
If you cant make fun of yourself, you are boring to me.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I find people who only want to talk about supertechnical things that no one else but them in the room is interested in boring. Like the guy who's discussing computer processing power while everyone else is just making small talk and telling jokes. That guy is BORING.
Quote by ricanboyguitar
What if they can't do funny but can take a joke? Not everyone is witty enough to be funny

They'd be boring to me after a while then. It's no fun if people can't reciprocate the funny.
Tight schedules. I understand you have piano lessons at 8, tennis at 9, eat a strict 879 calorie meal at 11, jog at 1, read 80 pages of a book, have family time before dinner, and then go to bed at 8:30, but when do you have fun? :s.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by yellowfrizbee
If you cant make fun of yourself, you are boring to me.

This!

And work talkers. The guys in a room that only talk about school/work.

Like hell, even doing the lame-ass "what are you drinkin'?" is better than hearing the ins and outs of plumbing.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Quote by ricanboyguitar

Yes, but the people not witty enough to be funny are to hang around with other people that are not witty enough to be funny, as non-funny people shouldn't be around the funny people.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Aug 10, 2010,
Someone who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Humor seems to be the only real deciding factor if you are a snooze or not.

Quote by TheLifeguard
This!

And work talkers. The guys in a room that only talk about school/work.

Like hell, even doing the lame-ass "what are you drinkin'?" is better than hearing the ins and outs of plumbing.

This. I had a friend who will always talk movies. That puts one sided conversations to da yawn list
Vyse the Legend
Quote by Wiegenlied

Quoted for awesome and truth.
Quote by Wiegenlied

^THIS^ Well put.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by ricanboyguitar
Humor seems to be the only real deciding factor if you are a snooze or not.

Not necessarily. Im not a clever or witty person so I cant really word joust and what not, but Im spontaneous and imaginative which makes me fun to be around. And I sure as hell can make fun of myself and take a joke. Im never too serious and im never negative. I like to think that helps..

Other than humor, emotions are a big one for me. They have to be able to show emotions. And im not talking about "talking about your feelings"..I mean when youre happy, show youre happy, express it etc. Ive seen so many monotonous people who never show their emotions; they really keep to themselves, very calm and unmoved. Like stones. Its pretty bad when every emotion looks the same. Like a robot. Sometimes I literally see them in black and white. So colorless
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I don't think somebody has to be "funny" to not be boring, they just have to be able to joke around with things. Not all the time, 'cuz then it'd get annoying after a while, but still be able to have a laugh once in a while. I also find somebody having a hobby or something to be really interesting. I'm in high school, and for the most part, nobody does ANYTHING. Just hanging out at the mall really, which bores the **** out of me. That's why I find the few people who do something really interesting, no matter what it is. Oh and somebody who can talk about more than just one or two things.
Quote by Doctor Matthews

These. **** damn it, I am both not funny and I have no hobbies (unless guitar and occasionally flying planes count)

Edit: I sound like me a year ago.

Just ignore this.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 11, 2010,
People who feel the need to give you a detailed description about what they did all day long... And people who like to talk about the "funny" thing their cat did the other day. Oh! And people who ask too many questions.
Quote by Wiegenlied

i don't think anyone can put it any better.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat